cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2007, 10:53 PM   #61
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJRoss View Post
Wow I stay on subject and you continue to rant like an idiot about things you are accusing me of saying or believing. Who cares about this one woman. How about the 6.5 billion people on this earth.

Accusing me of being a clientless and working out of my basement is a sign you have lost this argument. You did not read those articles I linked so you can hold to your holy grail of feminism. Factual foundation? Again read the various articles I have linked to. You love to rant and get personal, but you have not proven anything other than you capable of insulting me. That really doesn't mean much does it?

Instead of blowharding over my criticisms, feel free to actually send me a list of hundreds of women you "know" that are great mothers and could professionally whip me. I do not think you know that many. I am calling you out for your extreme hyperbole. You get personal because I have called you out. I never stated that women do not hold influential positions on this earth. Hell I lived in Europe for 15 years, Many of the political whose who in the EU are women. But instead of remaining focused on what we are discussing you throw crap like that into a fan and mess up the entire discussion.

So, please send me or show me a list of these women that you actually know. No cutting a pasting a whose who list and claiming they are great mothers and that they can out career me. Let us see what kind of feminist network you actually have? You will not take the time to do this to defend your position because you cannot defend it. It was hyperbolic and therefore a weak argument.

Did I ever make any statements in regard to women should not be free to make their own choices? Did I? You are accusing me of doing so, so I would like you to prove it. Prove to me and everyone here that I actually subscribe to this point of view. That women should feel guilty about choosing a career vs staying at home and raising children. Show me where I have said this?

My derogatory comments about affirmative action for women? Okay, again where did I make any derogatory comments about affirmative action for women? While I am not a big fan of quotas and programs, I have not made any derogatory comments about affirmative action for women. Again please show me where I did this. Prove this to me, because your anger and rage against me is missplaced to be sure. I do not support a feminist agenda. I feel such is greatly responsible for the destruction of the family and will continue to do so. If you read the article I like about Overcomming Motherhood you would see the Biotechnical and genetic aspects to why this agenda concerns me.

So get personal all you wish:

Here are my current clients who are under contract with me. Feel free to contact them to verify that they are in fact under contract with me:

Millworxusa Owner Steve Cook: 8012622451
Silvercrest Signs Owner Brady Ellis: 8017263607

I am currently working with 3 other companies that are not currently under contract though I am helping them with certain issues like real estate acquisitions and raising capital. Since they are not under contract I am not free to give you any contact information.

There are are currently 4 other companies that have solicited my services that I am negotiating contracts with. I have turned down another 7 who do not fit my criteria. I will be signing at least 5 of these mentioned and that will max out my growth revenues under management book. At that time I will hire two consultants in order to branch out.

My current book will be between 6 to 8 million dollars by end of 2006 of which I get 5%-10% depending on the client.

I also work for Beneficial Financial Group as of 2 weeks ago and have already earned 6K in commissions. So if you want to be an ass please at least try and try not to make claims you cannot support or accuse me of views, that are not evident. Oh if you do not believe me regarding the BFG job, you can talk to the office manager Blake Nelson who can be reached at 8016482201 tell him you think I am an ass and don't believe that I work for Beneficial and that I am clientless and work out of my basement.
Hmmm. I wonder what these clients would say about your enlightened views (hardee har har) of women in the workforce. (I bet there are plenty of high powered women either you or your contacts report to.)

Actually, my friend, I deal every day with influencial and successful women professionals and executives. There are countless, and it's not a remarkable thing. That you preceive yourself "calling me out" about not listing them is really quite freaky.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:56 PM   #62
DJRoss

DJRoss is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to DJRoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by woot View Post
I also like how "Adam and Eve" and "Old Testament are his idea of early humans. If the agricultural revolution took place about twice as long ago as when God created the universe, I imagine it'd be difficult to maintain any kind of coherent opinion on relevant issues.
Do you interpret what I write or do you actually read it at face value. Did I not talk about archaeological/anthropological perspectives dealing with ancient civilizations. Come on. Are you grinning when you write this because you are yanking my chain or did you honestly fail to comprehend my extension of views unbiblical?

Click on image for my card and blog
DJRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:58 PM   #63
Solon

Solon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I made a point that women are better mothers than men.
Wow, did you think this one up all by yourself? By definition, only women can be mothers.

There are many types of feminism. The most important point, IMO, is freedom. If women want to stay at home and raise the kids, fine. If they want to go to work and make the big bucks, fine. I don't foresee any argument on these points.

But it's sexist stereotyping like Ross's that ramps up social pressures on women and sets everyone back 40 years.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:58 PM   #64
DJRoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
LOL. The other day he quoted the story about Teancum to justify torture by Americans.
Yeah, that is what I did. Again prove it. Am I in some Bizarro world where what I post for some reason morphs into what you are claiming I said? This is amazing. Prove to everyone here that I quoted Teancum to "justify torture by Americans." Please do. I am in a full disclosure kind of mood today, so let us all see this proof you have that I did just as you claim.

Old 12-19-2007, 10:58 PM   #65
woot

woot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Even the proclamation to the family does not cut and dry that view. Anyone who lives by a "woman's place is in the home" IMO are truly handicapped mentally. Life has different periods where our roles shift and change. When children are infants and need nurturing I feel that a woman is superior at handling that particular role than men. Am I insisting on women staying home?

No I am not. Do I think that if they did during the nurturing years our nation, our world would be a better place? Yes I do, but I also feel that if Fathers would take their responsibilities more seriously in helping their spouses/partners in the caring for children, things would be much better as well. It is a joint effort where both roles are interlinked. Today many women have to go it alone which is unfortunate. Many of them create a success, but the scars of having that burden leave their toll on both the mother and the children.

You guys arguing with me are barking up the wrong tree. My issue is with the feminist agenda, not equality of genders.
But what is your idea of the "feminist agenda"? It seems like what we're talking about is the cultural freeing of women to be able to do whatever they want without people like you looking down your nose at them. The church is a force against this freedom (the original topic of the conversation), and so are you.
woot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 11:01 PM   #66
DJRoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by woot View Post
I'm not sure how any of this is relevant.
Hmmm, ya think? I guess when you serve to limit the scope of the argument and I call you out on it and than refocus the argument back to what we are talking about you might have trouble understanding its relevance.

Old 12-19-2007, 11:02 PM   #67
Insensitive PAP

Insensitive PAP
Default For what it's worth Seatlle. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Do you live in a cave? More like it I think you're a clientless "consultant" schmuck working in his own basement (I only get personal with sexists and racists who vent their nonsense without factual foundation). Good thing your wife has a day job. Seriously, you are out of touch with reality; I'm sorry for you that you are so isolated whereever it is you subsist that you doubt what I'm saying about the millions upon millions of women in influential and important positions in this country.

That you think it's "feminist ideology" to say that women should be free to choose to work without being guilt-tripped by chavenists like you says it all. It seems this is only a debatable issue among Mormons. Two-thirds of the people my firm hires are women. Two thirds of the partners we made last year were women.

Your derogatory comments about alleged affirmative action for women are not only sexist, they're false (except at BYU it seems). Here is what's really happening all over the country, not just in the elite colleges but in all the elite fields:

"Few of us sitting around the table were as talented and as directed at age 17 as this young woman. Unfortunately, her test scores and grade point average placed her in the middle of our pool. We had to have a debate before we decided to swallow the middling scores and write "admit" next to her name.

"Had she been a male applicant, there would have been little, if any, hesitation to admit. The reality is that because young men are rarer, they're more valued applicants. Today, two-thirds of colleges and universities report that they get more female than male applicants, and more than 56 percent of undergraduates nationwide are women. Demographers predict that by 2009, only 42 percent of all baccalaureate degrees awarded in the United States will be given to men."

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/23/op...=1&oref=slogin

The Hoover Institution article has nothing to do with what we're discussing. I bet you didn't even read it.

There is no way in the world you could work for a reputable law firm and post as much as you do during the day with out cheating on your billable hours, so you might want to take a step back from your shit don't stink perch.
Insensitive PAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 11:02 PM   #68
SeattleUte

Quote:
Yeah, that is what I did. Again prove it. Am I in some Bizarro world where what I post for some reason morphs into what you are claiming I said? This is amazing. Prove to everyone here that I quoted Teancum to "justify torture by Americans." Please do. I am in a full disclosure kind of mood today, so let us all see this proof you have that I did just as you claim.
http://cougarguard.com/forum/showthr...hlight=Teancum

—Paul Auster
Old 12-19-2007, 11:04 PM   #69
woot

woot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hmmm, ya think? I guess when you serve to limit the scope of the argument and I call you out on it and than refocus the argument back to what we are talking about you might have trouble understanding its relevance.
No, it's that those statistics and arguments all deal with the recent cultural phenomenon that none of us deny exists. Our argument is that this phenomenon is not actually traditional or based in legitimate history or sex differences. Quoting statistics that enforce the existence of this recent situation doesn't help your argument.
woot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 11:06 PM   #70
SeattleUte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insensitive PAP View Post
There is no way in the world you could work for a reputable law firm and post as much as you do during the day with out cheating on your billable hours, so you might want to take a step back from your shit don't stink perch.
My identity is not a secret. People are free to draw their own conclusions about me. I am my own boss and work when I please. I am also a good multi-tasker.

—Paul Auster