cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2007, 12:03 AM   #81
DJRoss

DJRoss is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to DJRoss
Default LOL yeah tell my wife that is what I am doing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by woot View Post
But what is your idea of the "feminist agenda"? It seems like what we're talking about is the cultural freeing of women to be able to do whatever they want without people like you looking down your nose at them. The church is a force against this freedom (the original topic of the conversation), and so are you.
She would deem you a moron. She would never say that aloud, but she would wonder how you became ignorant.

The feminist agenda has nothing to do with freeing a woman to do whatever they want to without people looking down at them (btw this is a red herring. There will always be people who look down on others because they disagree with their views, lifestyle, attitudes, lack of comprehension, etc. That is a freedom available to everyone in this nation last time I checked)

Have you ever read any Feminist literature? Some of the keystone books out there are filled with anti family dogma. The Feminist Agenda actually equates marriage as a form of prostitution. Their ideology claims that women marry men and are forced into sexual service for their husband because he brings home the bacon. Yeah try and get your wife to put out if she doesn't want to and see how that goes. The Feminist agenda is wrought with the most anti family positions that I believe that one cannot truly consider themselves a feminist and believe in families. I do believe in families. My wife does as well. We are both equalitarians for lack of a better term.

Here are some nice quotes to illustrate some of what I am speaking of:
They had jobs, but feminists weren't satisfied; every other woman had to get one too. So they opened fire on homemakers with a savagery that still echoes throughout our culture. A housewife is a "parasite," [Betty] Frieden writes; such women are "less than fully human" insofar as they "have never known a commitment to an idea." David Gelernter, Drawing Life, Surviving the Unabomber, Free Press, 1997, p. 95

Housewives, not men, were the prey in feminism's sights when Kate Millett decreed in 1969 that the family must go. Feminists do not speak for traditional women. Men cannot know this, however, unless we tell them how we feel about them, our children, and our role in the home. Men must understand that our feelings towards them and our children are derided by feminists and have earned us their enmity. Whether or not this understanding garners men's support, traditional women must defend ourselves because the feminist offensive is, most essentially, a breach of solidarity with us, a disavowal of the obligation to honor the Women's Pact [that religious celibates, professional women, and homemakers respect each other] that women in the movement owed to us.
F. Carolyn Graglia, Domestic Tranquility, A Brief Against Feminism, Spence Publishing Company, Dallas, 1998, p. 97

"I am not the sort of woman who goes blonde," writes novelist Jane Smiley, before explaining how she did just that and, in the process, what sort of woman she discovered herself to be. A feminist intellectual and practical Midwesterner, Smiley had always "abjured vanity." She wore glasses and plain white cotton underwear, had a "short, masculine hairdo," and never, ever shaved her legs or underarms. Her looks reflected her convictions. "If I dyed my hair," she thought, "that would lead to makeup, and inevitably, to manicures, facials, panty hose, and the wholesale submission to the patriarchy." But that reasoning itself reflected the stereotypes of an earlier era, the idea that women must choose between intelligence and beauty, mind and body, substance and surface.
In her early forties, Smiley discovered that her studied indifference to her appearance was sending unwanted signals and hiding important aspects of her personality. The man she was interested in didn't see her as a woman. She fretted to her therapist. The therapist sent her to his colorist. Thus began her new life of blonde hair and shaved armpits -- of new pleasures and new meaning. "Sometimes I stand in front of the mirror and simply admire it," she says of her caramel-colored hair. "It is a beautiful, layered, shimmering gold, soft and sparkly, a hair color that has no relation to me and no counterpart in the animal world. I would hate to give it up."
Virginia Postrel, The Substance of Style, How the Rise of Aesthetic Value is Remaking Commerce, Culture, and Consciousness [HarperCollins, 2003, pp.117-118]

Christina Sommers Hoff who wrote "Who Stole Feminism" broaches a term:

Equity Feminism which is just the principle that there must be legal and political equality for women. THIS I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH. However the semantics of feminism given its modern history leave me rejecting the principal. Equity Feminism in Hoff's definition is Equality in its true form. It has absolutely nothing to do with feminism.

Click on image for my card and blog
DJRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 12:06 AM   #82
DJRoss

Default What? How do you people survive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insensitive PAP View Post
There is no way in the world you could work for a reputable law firm and post as much as you do during the day with out cheating on your billable hours, so you might want to take a step back from your shit don't stink perch.
Your suppositions of me working for a law firm and me cheating on billable hours is amazing.

Let me spell it out for you:

I DO NOT WORK FOR A LAW FIRM.
I TOOK THE DAY OFF, AND UNLIKE THOSE THAT BILL THEIR HOURS I BILL RESULTS.

so you might want to get off my perch since you have defecated on it. The toilet is in the other direction.

Old 12-20-2007, 12:08 AM   #83
woot

woot is on a distinguished road

Didn't read a word of it past the title. Your repeated attempts to excuse your chauvinism because "my wife works" is like excusing racism because "I have a black friend." You sure love to tell us how much you think your wife would hate all of us and think we're stupid. If that's true, then your wife sounds like a bitch.
woot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 12:08 AM   #84
DJRoss

Default Okay, reread the thread, still waiting for proof that I used

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
the story to justify Americans torturing others.

Old 12-20-2007, 12:09 AM   #85
woot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJRoss View Post
Your suppositions of me working for a law firm and me cheating on billable hours is amazing.

Let me spell it out for you:

I DO NOT WORK FOR A LAW FIRM.
I TOOK THE DAY OFF, AND UNLIKE THOSE THAT BILL THEIR HOURS I BILL RESULTS.

so you might want to get off my perch since you have defecated on it. The toilet is in the other direction.
He wasn't talking to you. You're really showing your intellect now.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:10 AM   #86
DJRoss

Default I apologize, I was typing so fast that I did not realize you were replying to Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insensitive PAP View Post
There is no way in the world you could work for a reputable law firm and post as much as you do during the day with out cheating on your billable hours, so you might want to take a step back from your shit don't stink perch.
Back to the perch tweet tweet.

Old 12-20-2007, 12:18 AM   #87
DJRoss

Default I thought you were done with me? Since you refuse to...

Quote:
He wasn't talking to you. You're really showing your intellect now.
read what I wrote with the weak I stopped reading at this point because it is clear you are ignorant blah blah blah. You want to pick a pseudo intellectual fight and when I refuse to play platitude sex with you, you get all flustered and like an overweight blue blooded woman at tea you get "Well, I never...!!!" on me.

If you are done with me, stop responding to my posts. Be done with me, shoo, bye bye, turn around and ignore me, that's a good kid

Old 12-20-2007, 12:21 AM   #88
woot

Quote:
read what I wrote with the weak I stopped reading at this point because it is clear you are ignorant blah blah blah. You want to pick a pseudo intellectual fight and when I refuse to play platitude sex with you, you get all flustered and like an overweight blue blooded woman at tea you get "Well, I never...!!!" on me.

If you are done with me, stop responding to my posts. Be done with me, shoo, bye bye, turn around and ignore me, that's a good kid
I doubt anyone would agree with your characterization of the situation, other than perhaps your apocryphal wife, who may or may not be a bitch.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:59 AM   #89
DJRoss

Quote:
I doubt anyone would agree with your characterization of the situation, other than perhaps your apocryphal wife, who may or may not be a bitch.
whoops there you go again. You just can help it can you? Rage of DJ and label him a Chauvinist because he is for equality for everyone regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation.

MY APOCRYPHAL WIFE YEAH!!!!!

Last edited by DJRoss; 12-20-2007 at 01:02 AM.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:47 PM   #90
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Keep your distance. Stand in the shadows and take potshots. I at least have the balls to stand here taking your weak attacks.

I guess the Internet allows you to be a coward and thus justifies your spineless comment.
You have balls?

That is news to everyone else.

DJ...you're a dick on TBS,, you're a dick on CB and you're a dick on here. No one gives a shit about your personal business accomplishments.

You are in love with yourself and your points of view, to the point where it's entertainment for the rest of us. Wallow about in your manure of self-love and we'll continue to enjoy making fun of you.

You think you're important, while the rest of us enjoy watching you walk around waist deep in your own stank, while you're wondering why others aren't amazed at your awesomeness.