cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2008, 06:59 PM   #11
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
The Huntsmen Center will have more premature ejaculations than the Provo Best Western on a saturday evening in June. Go and buy your KY Jelly now, similar to the Waterboy you are going to take out all that pain from Harline is still open, Keena Young abusing you, Tavernari hitting anything he threw in the air and 4th and 18.

In fact I recommend no die hard Ute plan any evening activities, you will be exhausted within minutes of the imminent slaughter ending.
I'll have to wait on that, as my oldest boy's team plays that day with tipoff at 2:30. I'm just glad I can record it, as it's one of the few games televised that isn't on the mtn.

As for the game itself, nothing would make me happier than to have it be a complete blowout in the Utes' favor. Unfortunately, my natural pessimism won't allow me to think that this will be anything but a close game with the BYU getting one of their infamous bounces as the ball is launched from half court by Tavernari at the buzzer with so much force that it hits the backboard and caroms off Plaisted's face and into the hoop.

And Tavernari will bitch at the officials because they don't credit him with a three.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:08 PM   #12
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Just so you know I am 1-7 in my career when attending BYU vs Utah games at the Huntsman Center. I will be there saturday so you dont have anything to worry about.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:20 PM   #13
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
Just so you know I am 1-7 in my career when attending BYU vs Utah games at the Huntsman Center. I will be there saturday so you dont have anything to worry about.

Well, I appreciate that. It's nice of you to make that sacrifice for my sake. Perhaps I can return the favor someday, though the last time I was in the Marriott Center to watch a U/Y game, was when in I believe '99 or so. I don't venture down that way often.

But I was sitting behind the north endzone when Harline found himself more lonely than a hooker at a Star Trek convention.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:25 PM   #14
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post

Well, I appreciate that. It's nice of you to make that sacrifice for my sake. Perhaps I can return the favor someday, though the last time I was in the Marriott Center to watch a U/Y game, was when in I believe '99 or so. I don't venture down that way often.

But I was sitting behind the north endzone when Harline found himself more lonely than a hooker at a Star Trek convention.
If BYU wins Saturday that will put them at 5 straight wins in the major sports, that could be devastating to most ALUFs
Old 01-16-2008, 07:28 PM   #15
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
If BYU wins Saturday that will put them at 5 straight wins in the major sports, that could be devastating to most ALUFs
Agreed. The majority of ALUFs would freak, but even better, the anti-BYU crowd that attaches itself to the Utes for one weekend in November and twice during basketball season would have no reason to live. It would be akin to the Orem Krispy Kreme being shut down when the sweet spirits at the BYU are needing a bit of sugar.

Total pandemonium.