cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2008, 11:03 PM   #1
Y'zGuy

Y'zGuy is on a distinguished road
Default So... will Dish follow suit? (Dish contact info included)

My comcast package goes up from $70/month to $150/month in May. No chance i'm keeping that. I really loved the Dish DVR (the fact that you can use one DVR for 2 TVs is very very cool), DTV doesn't offer that. So if Dish gets MTN by May, then I go back to Dish. If not, then its to DTV I go.

Here are emails of Dish executives, for those of you wanting to shoot them an email, feel free.

If someone wants to post their info over on CB, i'm still banned

Jennifer.Schuyler@echostar.com , also carbon to ceo@echostar.com , carolyn.crawford@echostar.com and David.Laslo@echostar.com
Y'zGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:05 PM   #2
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y'zGuy View Post
My comcast package goes up from $70/month to $150/month in May. No chance i'm keeping that. I really loved the Dish DVR (the fact that you can use one DVR for 2 TVs is very very cool), DTV doesn't offer that. So if Dish gets MTN by May, then I go back to Dish. If not, then its to DTV I go.

Here are emails of Dish executives, for those of you wanting to shoot them an email, feel free.

Jennifer.Schuyler@echostar.com , also carbon to ceo@echostar.com , carolyn.crawford@echostar.com and David.Laslo@echostar.com
Only a chump would pay $150 for Comcast. When your contract is about to expire, give them a call and tell them to extend it or you will switch providers. They will maintain or even reduce the price every time. They may be evil, but they aren't stupid.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:09 PM   #3
Y'zGuy

Y'zGuy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Only a chump would pay $150 for Comcast. When your contract is about to expire, give them a call and tell them to extend it or you will switch providers. They will maintain or even reduce the price every time. They may be evil, but they aren't stupid.
but for how long? My friend cancelled and they told him they'd give them the same price for 3 more months, so he cancelled.

Comcast sucks, they're the devil. I'd love to go to Dish, not sure I want to lock into a 2 year deal with DTV (great deal with AAA if you sign a 2 year deal). so we'll see what happens. I'm just afraid Dish will jump in August after i've had to sign up for DTV already. But we'll see.

I already called Comcast and gave them the "I need to know when my promotion ends so I can cancel" line, when they told me I laughed, she said "well you're under a great plan, it was the "ditch the dish" promotion" , i said well you got me to ditch the dish for a year, but certainly you can't think that i'm ditching them for good if you jack my rates up this high.

So we'll see what happens, but i'll already have DTV (or hopefully Dish) installed by the time I make the cancellation call, so it will be too late.
Y'zGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:19 PM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sticking with Dish until at least August.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:25 PM   #5
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
but for how long? My friend cancelled and they told him they'd give them the same price for 3 more months, so he cancelled.

Comcast sucks, they're the devil. I'd love to go to Dish, not sure I want to lock into a 2 year deal with DTV (great deal with AAA if you sign a 2 year deal). so we'll see what happens. I'm just afraid Dish will jump in August after i've had to sign up for DTV already. But we'll see.

I already called Comcast and gave them the "I need to know when my promotion ends so I can cancel" line, when they told me I laughed, she said "well you're under a great plan, it was the "ditch the dish" promotion" , i said well you got me to ditch the dish for a year, but certainly you can't think that i'm ditching them for good if you jack my rates up this high.

So we'll see what happens, but i'll already have DTV (or hopefully Dish) installed by the time I make the cancellation call, so it will be too late.
I have had the same rate for two and a half years now. They have capitulated every time we had the discussion.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:41 AM   #6
Mormon Red Death

Mormon Red Death is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

sorry but I done doing the work of Hair thompson... Tell him to email them