cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2008, 02:43 AM   #11
BYUTexan

BYUTexan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYUTexan View Post
that was pretty easy. BTW is this free?
Damn dial up won't allow me to finish or start the upload?

The eyes of Texas are upon you Michael Reed (and David Nixon).
BYUTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 03:51 PM   #12
BYUTexan

It isn't working. I have dial up and it won't start processing. Should I try a different site?

Old 02-23-2008, 05:55 PM   #13
Y'zGuy

Y'zGuy is on a distinguished road

Dial up still exists? LOL. Sorry, not sure then if any of them will work if you have dial up.

Check with me on Monday on here and I can create the ringtone and share it, then you can go to phonezoo.com and send it to your phone. Does your phone have internet access on it? If not, then i'm not sure you'll find a way to get it to your phone.
Y'zGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 10:06 PM   #14
BYUTexan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y'zGuy View Post
Dial up still exists? LOL. Sorry, not sure then if any of them will work if you have dial up.

Check with me on Monday on here and I can create the ringtone and share it, then you can go to phonezoo.com and send it to your phone. Does your phone have internet access on it? If not, then i'm not sure you'll find a way to get it to your phone.
Yep, it's all I got. I was spoiled up in Provo when I had high speed. I think I have internet. I have what is called media net, where I can check facebook, BUY ringtones and such, but I've never surfed. I have always wanted to take that opening guitar solo on that Dire Straits song "Money for Nothing". I thought it would be an awesome ringtone. I tried Mobile17.com and same result, except the differences is that I can choose when the ringtone starts and how long it lasts, yet it wont start uploading inspite of me pressing the upload button.

Old 02-25-2008, 04:18 PM   #15
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

www.freeringers.net its an 8.00 one time fee, and it will walk you through step by step how to make ring tones, I have a ton on my phone that I have made. All you need is Windows Sound Recorder and its fairly easy.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:13 PM   #16
Y'zGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYUTexan View Post
Yep, it's all I got. I was spoiled up in Provo when I had high speed. I think I have internet. I have what is called media net, where I can check facebook, BUY ringtones and such, but I've never surfed. I have always wanted to take that opening guitar solo on that Dire Straits song "Money for Nothing". I thought it would be an awesome ringtone. I tried Mobile17.com and same result, except the differences is that I can choose when the ringtone starts and how long it lasts, yet it wont start uploading inspite of me pressing the upload button.
do you have the mp3? send me a message on here through private message and i'll give you my email address and you can send me the mp3 and your phone #
Old 02-25-2008, 08:19 PM   #17
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

I think I'm officially old. I absolutely do not get the fascination with ring tones. I sure as hell wouldn't pay somebody for one and I wouldn't go through the trouble listed in this thread to create one.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 08:26 PM   #18
Y'zGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
I think I'm officially old. I absolutely do not get the fascination with ring tones. I sure as hell wouldn't pay somebody for one and I wouldn't go through the trouble listed in this thread to create one.
It's not hard if you're on high speed internet. I could take an mp3 and turn it into a ringtone and have it on my phone in less than 5 minutes.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:37 PM   #19
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y'zGuy View Post
It's not hard if you're on high speed internet. I could take an mp3 and turn it into a ringtone and have it on my phone in less than 5 minutes.
It's not that it's hard, it's that I don't care. I'd rather not even hear the thing. I just set it to vibrate.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 09:16 PM   #20
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
It's not that it's hard, it's that I don't care. I'd rather not even hear the thing. I just set it to vibrate.
The funny thing is, I have the money-for-nothing ringtone in midi format but he ignored me. Oh well.