cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2008, 09:45 PM   #11
bigpiney

bigpiney
Send a message via AIM to bigpiney

I am really starting to enjoy this Wyoming - Utah rivarly that is being created.

They really seem to hate each other right now. The football game next year should be a good one. I would venture to say that the pokes may get up for that one more than they do for the BYU. I can't wait for people to be held accountable.
bigpiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:49 PM   #12
PaloAltoCougar

PaloAltoCougar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
This would be a red flag for me. He's got a team that's tanking and he's obsessing over a last second dunk. He's taken the time to analyze film on it and talk to the media about it. This seems like the kind of thing I'd be flipping out over if it were my coach, telling him to worry about his own team.
It is very puzzling. A senior scores at the end of the last home game of his career, increasing the winning margin from six to eight, and Boylen continues to obsess. A four-game skid, and the fact the team hasn't improved much the past few weeks, are the real reasons for his frustration. To focus that frustration on a meaningless shot suggests Boylen has a ways to go to becoming a seasoned head coach.
PaloAltoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:04 PM   #13
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
This would be a red flag for me. He's got a team that's tanking and he's obsessing over a last second dunk. He's taken the time to analyze film on it and talk to the media about it. This seems like the kind of thing I'd be flipping out over if it were my coach, telling him to worry about his own team.
I agree. If Rose were freaking out about something like that, I would not be happy.

Last edited by Flystripper; 03-03-2008 at 10:06 PM.
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:06 PM   #14
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Funny how things can change. At one point it looked like Boylen was a genius riding a wave of success, and Rose looked like a gomer, losing to Boise St then UNLV.

Now suddenly Rose is the solid coach and Boylen is the question mark.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:07 PM   #15
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Funny how things can change. At one point it looked like Boylen was a genius riding a wave of success, and Rose looked like a gomer, losing to Boise St then UNLV.

Tune in next week, folks.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:10 PM   #16
Flystripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post

Rose's team played like gomers in a few games. I never thought Rose was a gomer during that period. I doubt Rose would ever bitch about a last second dunk. Boylen is losing it. He needs to get back on the meds or something.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:16 PM   #17
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
Rose's team played like gomers in a few games. I never thought Rose was a gomer during that period. I doubt Rose would ever bitch about a last second dunk. Boylen is losing it. He needs to get back on the meds or something.
I personally prefer Boylen's style over Rose's as far as blueprints for how to play the game. Saying that Rose's teams have demonstrated more blue collar defensive effort than they had the first two years, a trend I think will bring more postseason success.

I expected and believed that Boylen would do well. Coming into the BYU game I really thought I was right. However, he and that team have fallen apart since that game. His comments and behavior and the performance of his team have all fallen apart since that game.

Never blame the refs. Never put the focus for your shortcomings on others. I would like to take this chance to apologize to Mendenhall for comparing Boylen to him. Even if Boylen recruits better talent and turns out fine, I just could never see Mendenhall turning into a pussy about referees or apologies. Mendenhall is just not a pussy.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:26 PM   #18
Flystripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
Never blame the refs. Never put the focus for your shortcomings on others. I would like to take this chance to apologize to Mendenhall for comparing Boylen to him. Even if Boylen recruits better talent and turns out fine, I just could never see Mendenhall turning into a pussy about referees or apologies. Mendenhall is just not a pussy.
I agree. Well, actually I almost agree. Bronco is a bit of a wuss when it comes to scheduling.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:31 PM   #19
smokymountainrain

smokymountainrain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I agree. Well, actually I almost agree. Bronco is a bit of a wuss when it comes to scheduling.
and punting on 4th and 2 from the opponent's 35 yardline.
smokymountainrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:31 PM   #20
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I blame the higher ups for that. I will not allow my Bronco boner to be slapped by a cold spoon.