cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2008, 09:10 PM   #1
MecalFatter

MecalFatter is on a distinguished road
Default Manti Teo

In my 2008 Lindy's preview post I forgot to mention that Teo was ranked as the #6 overall prospect in the nation for next year. Between he and Big Red, I'm not sure who would be a bigger signing. Thoughts?
MecalFatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 09:47 PM   #2
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MecalFatter View Post
In my 2008 Lindy's preview post I forgot to mention that Teo was ranked as the #6 overall prospect in the nation for next year. Between he and Big Red, I'm not sure who would be a bigger signing. Thoughts?
Three times BYU has gotten verbals from the best player at their position in the nation. Benji, Ngata and Ofa. Benji was grossly overrated, even when one figures in the contagiousness of pussyitis he probably contracted walking the halls of TO High School. Ngata gave us the dance and kicked us in the balls. Ofa was just mentally not ready for the rigors of college football and he never appears to have gotten there.

I hope BYU lands Manti, but BYU's history with these blue chippers is not real great. BYU seems to do statistically better with the next tier guys (Austin Collie, Jake Kuressa, Travis Bright, Reynolds brothers etc).

To answer your question I think Olsen was a bigger get as he was the #1 recruit in the nation in some lists and he was a skill player.