cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2008, 10:51 PM   #1
Venkman

Venkman is on a distinguished road
Default Iron Maiden fans...

Bruce Dickinson's day job - pretty cool.

http://quicknews.wordpress.com/2007/...mercial-pilot/

Quote:
“Aviation’s been kicking around my family for as long as I can remember; my uncle was in the RAF,” says Dickinson. “But I always thought I was too stupid. I was useless at maths and majored in history at university, so I thought history majors don’t become pilots, let alone rock stars. And then our drummer learned to fly so I said if a drummer can learn to fly then anyone can.”

Quote:
“I never dreamed I would end up flying an airliner,” he continues. “I ended up flying Iron Maiden around on tour in a little eight-seat, pressurized, twin-engine plane. Basically we were flying round all the world’s major airports, flew across the Atlantic and back, which was quite an adventure. At the end I thought I really want to fly something bigger, but I can’t afford it — I can’t buy my own 707. If I’m going to do that I have to get a job.”