cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2008, 02:05 PM   #1
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Damn we are definitely going to drop in the polls now.......

Sportscenter shows a 34-0 lead, then they show a graph and talk about we have blown teams out early and took our foot off the gas. Now Max Hall is going to be on College Gameday via telephone.

This sucks.
Old 10-04-2008, 03:37 PM   #2
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

nice.

Here is what I don't understand for the manic/depressive BYU fans....

What the heck is your expectation? Do you expect BYU to blow out every team? Do you expect them to not have a crappy game every now and then?

It is hard enough to go undefeated, let alone blow out every opponent along the way. With each week it will be tougher because everyone wants to play spoiler.

If Indy had the time, it would be cool to see which prior NC winner blew out every single opponent by more than 20 ppg and didnt have a sluggish game along the way.

Once again, BYU fans prove to be amongst the most annoying around.

ENJOY THE RIDE!

Go Cougars, Beat the Lobos!

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 03:51 PM   #3
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

We gave up two late-game touchdowns that had no impact on the outcome. I guarantee the Aggies were not scoring 34 in the 4th.

Big deal.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 03:56 PM   #4
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
We gave up two late-game touchdowns that had no impact on the outcome. I guarantee the Aggies were not scoring 34 in the 4th.

Big deal.
Our offense did seem out of synch at times. We allowed a FG to be blocked. Also, what's with the stupid personal foul penalties (which we deserved)?

There are things to grow on as a result of this game, but not sure why some folks on both boards are standing on the edge of the abyss.

We came out and went up 34-0....then took the foot off the pedal.

Compare to SC at Oregon State...who came out and by the end of the first series, it was looking like a long night ahead of them.

Heaven help us next week when the Lobos roll into town....we had better win by 40 points again or else!

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 04:02 PM   #5
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Our offense did seem out of synch at times. We allowed a FG to be blocked. Also, what's with the stupid personal foul penalties (which we deserved)?

There are things to grow on as a result of this game, but not sure why some folks on both boards are standing on the edge of the abyss.

We came out and went up 34-0....then took the foot off the pedal.

Compare to SC at Oregon State...who came out and by the end of the first series, it was looking like a long night ahead of them.

Heaven help us next week when the Lobos roll into town....we had better win by 40 points again or else!
If we're going to have an off game where we make some mistakes, I can't think of a better team to do it against than the Doormat of Logan.

I agree, they didn't look the sharpest out there. If I saw this every week, I might be worried. But since I can't see most of the games, I don't.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 05:52 PM   #6
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

The offense struggled to sustain any good drives last night.

They obviously were looking ahead and had a "let's just finish this game and get the hell out here" kind of attitude from the 2nd quarter on.

You could tell in their body language. Even Collie said afterwards that they "Got humbled, and it's good you can learn this lesson in a win." He also admitted they were looking ahead and just wanted to get out of there.
Old 10-04-2008, 05:54 PM   #7
SoonerCoug
Formerly known as MudPhudCoug

SoonerCoug is on a distinguished road

I think BYU must have used the bye week to prepare for TCU and/or Utah, in addition to the preparation for those games that was done in the offseason.
SoonerCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 06:49 PM   #8
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
Sportscenter shows a 34-0 lead, then they show a graph and talk about we have blown teams out early and took our foot off the gas. Now Max Hall is going to be on College Gameday via telephone.

This sucks.
BYU didn't play well but there is no way in hell they are going to drop in the polls. cougarboard's meltdown last night was hilarious. I think Hall may be out of the Heisman discussion for a couple weeks, but no way he is out of it for the season.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote