cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2008, 10:29 PM   #11
smokymountainrain

smokymountainrain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAzzuri View Post

I agree with you for the most part, but I think Max Hall will have to step it up a notch for a win.
You make good points. I'm confident Hall will indeed step it up a notch - I'm not as confident that BYU will win the game as I think the defense might allow 25-30 points, but Hall, being the gamer he is, will play very well.

Last edited by smokymountainrain; 10-15-2008 at 10:32 PM.
smokymountainrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:31 PM   #12
TheAzzuri

TheAzzuri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
You make good points. I'm confident Hall will indeed step it up a notch - I'm not as confident that BYU will win the game as I think the defense might and allow 25-30 points, but Hall, being the gamer he is, will play very well.
I edited it a little, but we still mostly agree.
________
Kitchen Measures

Last edited by TheAzzuri; 05-06-2011 at 11:52 PM.
TheAzzuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:00 AM   #13
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
You make good points. I'm confident Hall will indeed step it up a notch - I'm not as confident that BYU will win the game as I think the defense might allow 25-30 points, but Hall, being the gamer he is, will play very well.
I don't know if TCU can win scoring 25-30 points. TCU has very good speed on defense, but BYU can score a ton of points on anybody. The only way I see TCU scoring that much and winning is if they hold the ball for several long drives that result in scores and the defense somehow slows down BYU's offense.

TCU's best chance to win is a low scoring game. They have to keep the BYU's offense off the field.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:07 AM   #14
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Hall is a better QB than Beck. We can talk arm strength, accuracy, whatever - the fact is, Hall is just a better QB.
Based on what?
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 03:09 AM   #15
smokymountainrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
Based on what?
Toughness, the willingness to stand in the pocket and take a hit if necessary, football IQ, the ability to see the field, and yes, I believe he is more accurate.

That and the fact that his passer rating is better than Becks ever was and Beck never started a season 6-0, nor was he able to go 11-2 as a sophomore.

You might say Hall has a better supporting cast, but that would be your opinion and mere excuses, shown in the above paragraph are the facts of the case and they cannot be disputed.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:28 AM   #16
Hot Lunch

Hot Lunch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Toughness, the willingness to stand in the pocket and take a hit if necessary, football IQ, the ability to see the field, and yes, I believe he is more accurate.

That and the fact that his passer rating is better than Becks ever was and Beck never started a season 6-0, nor was he able to go 11-2 as a sophomore.

You might say Hall has a better supporting cast, but that would be your opinion and mere excuses, shown in the above paragraph are the facts of the case and they cannot be disputed.
Let me explain this easily.... Max has a pair between his legs and Beck didn't. I would take Max as my quarterback over Beck without even thinking twice about it.
Hot Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:10 AM   #17
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Which is the same stupid rationale that got you claiming that Vince Young was all that and a bag of chips during his rookie season at Tennessee. Glad to see you haven't learned from the mistakes of the past.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:55 PM   #18
smokymountainrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
Which is the same stupid rationale that got you claiming that Vince Young was all that and a bag of chips during his rookie season at Tennessee. Glad to see you haven't learned from the mistakes of the past.
With VY, the talent was there, but obviously the mental part left a lot to be desired. With Hall, his head may be his greatest strength. Especially in comparison with Beck.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:06 PM   #19
TheAzzuri

TheAzzuri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Lunch View Post
Let me explain this easily.... Max has a pair between his legs and Beck didn't. I would take Max as my quarterback over Beck without even thinking twice about it.
Someone will have to explain the Beck hate to me. I don't get it. Beck v2006 is one of the best QB's we've had.
________
Montana medical marijuana dispensaries

Last edited by TheAzzuri; 05-06-2011 at 11:53 PM.
TheAzzuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 03:12 PM   #20
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAzzuri View Post
Someone will have to explain the Beck hate to me. I don't get it. Beck v2006 is one of the best QB's we've had.
I could probably be categorized as a Beck hater for his frosh - junior seasons. Though more accurately I would call myself a non-Beck-worshipper. I definitely changed my tune his senior year, especially after the two losses. He was brilliant and was playing at a level that could compare with ANY of the past greats.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote