cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2006, 07:17 PM   #1
Fumamota McChopperdave

Fumamota McChopperdave
Default Russell Tialavea & the young Dline

Last night, Russell 'RT' Tialavea cracked the starting lineup at NT and did a fantastic job... and he'll be manning the position there for 4 straight years. Can't say enough about the job Bronco has done to solidify the Dline this season; I was a skeptic that he could get it done, but we've got a ton of talent there that'll be sticking around for a long time.

RT has 2 fumble recoveries and 2 blocked kicks already. I get RT just thinking about it...
Old 09-29-2006, 07:23 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

both the DL and secondary have been pleasant surprises.

many times yesterday Ballard had all day to throw the ball (ok, so maybe the DL could work on their pass rush, LOL) and had nowhere to go.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 07:26 PM   #3
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumamota McChopperdave View Post
Last night, Russell 'RT' Tialavea cracked the starting lineup at NT and did a fantastic job... and he'll be manning the position there for 4 straight years. Can't say enough about the job Bronco has done to solidify the Dline this season; I was a skeptic that he could get it done, but we've got a ton of talent there that'll be sticking around for a long time.

RT has 2 fumble recoveries and 2 blocked kicks already. I get RT just thinking about it...
My golf buddy always uses this phrase "rock titty" am I correct? Where does the phrase come from? A movie or what? Never heard it anywhere else besides golf buddy unitl you used it.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 08:16 PM   #4
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default This is example 1....

of what a smokescreen brought about by spiritual references can do for BYU.

Not convinced things end so rosy for Russel T if Gar C were the HC.

I was told that the coaches did not expect to see this type of play from Russel T until his sophmore year.

Just no flops. I don't care if they blow out all the MWC patsies, just consistent victories.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:49 PM   #5
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Russell Tialavea is reversing gears and now plans on a mission after this season, so unfortunately it won't be 4 straight years with him.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:09 PM   #6
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
Russell Tialavea is reversing gears and now plans on a mission after this season, so unfortunately it won't be 4 straight years with him.
If he takes Vic So'oto with him, that would suck.

This stuff needs to stop.

TIC. Goof for Russel T.