cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2006, 07:21 PM   #11
TyronneBiggums

TyronneBiggums is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
When you play crappy opponents and beat them by over 30 points per game, that means you're a good team.

When you play crappy opponents and beat them by 4 points per game, you're just slightly less crappy than they are.
BYU played the best game they have played in almost 10 years and they BARELY beat TCU, who has done jack squat since.

Tulsa was not prepared, and they are ranked higher than BYU, so they are better.

BYU will be too confidunt and will lose to CSU. You can mark my post for that.
TyronneBiggums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 08:27 PM   #12
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyronneBiggums View Post
BYU played the best game they have played in almost 10 years and they BARELY beat TCU, who has done jack squat since.

Tulsa was not prepared, and they are ranked higher than BYU, so they are better.

BYU will be too confidunt and will lose to CSU. You can mark my post for that.
This is kind of like an ExUte prediction. You get both sides of the fence here!
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 08:29 PM   #13
TyronneBiggums

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyacoug View Post
This is kind of like an ExUte prediction. You get both sides of the fence here!
No I am predicting that CSU sucks and BYU will be overconfidunt. How is that being on both sides of the fence moron?
Old 11-02-2006, 08:56 PM   #14
Venkman

Venkman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Did you watch that game? BYU won by two TD's and I believe at one point in the 4th quarter were up by 21.

Quote:
BYU spanked Tulsa, but because Tulsa is ranked one spot higher than BYU they're better? Can't argue with that kind of logic.
Venkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 10:06 PM   #15
TyronneBiggums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkman View Post
Did you watch that game? BYU won by two TD's and I believe at one point in the 4th quarter were up by 21.

BYU spanked Tulsa, but because Tulsa is ranked one spot higher than BYU they're better? Can't argue with that kind of logic.
No I did not watch the game as my crib doesn't get the mtn. I read about it in the paper the next day though.

As far as Tulsa being a better team... hmmm... who should I trust... random message board dude, or a bunch of guys who get paid to watch football and also get paid to rank teams.

Sorry dude, I gotta go with the guys who get paid for their opinion, not you buddy.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:32 PM   #16
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
No I did not watch the game as my crib doesn't get the mtn. I read about it in the paper the next day though.

As far as Tulsa being a better team... hmmm... who should I trust... random message board dude, or a bunch of guys who get paid to watch football and also get paid to rank teams.

Sorry dude, I gotta go with the guys who get paid for their opinion, not you buddy.
You dont know crap about sports, go back to the damn ghetto, get that 3 legged dog of yours, and go to town. Just please get the hell off the board.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:35 PM   #17
TyronneBiggums

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
You dont know crap about sports, go back to the damn ghetto, get that 3 legged dog of yours, and go to town. Just please get the hell off the board.
I thought that we went threw this already. It aint your board anymore than its my board, so I have every right to be here as much as you do. I don't live in no ghetto either.

You trust the opinio of some fat dude who sits at his computer all day while munchin on his cheetos over guys who get paid to watch and talk about football? I don't think so bro, you are the one who needs to ge ta clue.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:44 PM   #18
Venkman

Quote:
I read the paper too. Don't remember anyone categorizing this as a game BYU BARELY won. Maybe you got your info from the Daily Utah Chronicle though...

Quote:

You just said earlier that BYU is a crappy team that hasn't beaten a good team, now you're saying you agree with the sportwriters who say that Tulsa is the 26th best team in the country and that BYU is the 27th best team in the country? So do you believe the "experts" or not?
Old 11-02-2006, 10:47 PM   #19
TyronneBiggums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkman View Post
You just said earlier that BYU is a crappy team that hasn't beaten a good team, now you're saying you agree with the sportwriters who say that Tulsa is the 26th best team in the country and that BYU is the 27th best team in the country? So do you believe the "experts" or not?
I said BYU got lucky. Is that not hard to understand?

I went to HS with some guys who played at BYU a few years ago who have also attended a few practices this year and they said that there is no way this team wins out and theyre not that good.

Now who do you believe?
Old 11-02-2006, 11:09 PM   #20
Venkman

Quote:
I said BYU got lucky. Is that not hard to understand?
I understand you said they were lucky. But then you turn around and point to the polls as proof positive that Tulsa is better than BYU, albeit only one spot.

You say BYU is lucky, however these "experts" who "rank teams for a living", whom you've put your faith in, don't say BYU is lucky. They say BYU is a good team. If BYU was really lucky, don't you think the "experts" would know it? I mean, they do this for a living, don't they? We're just idiots on a message board.

BTW, in case you missed it, I myself am not putting all my faith in what the pollsters say (hence the liberal use of the "" marks). I'm merely pointing out your tortured reasoning.

Quote:
I went to HS with some guys who played at BYU a few years ago who have also attended a few practices this year and they said that there is no way this team wins out and theyre not that good.

Now who do you believe?
Some guys who used to play for BYU saw a practice and say they suck? Ok, you've convinced me.