cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 04:49 AM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Word of advice for Fusnik

There is no one person that is right for you. There are many that are right. You just end up having to make a decision and make it work.

Western romanticism is wrong and hurts people by giving them unrealistic expectations.

I think in general for most people there are many, many different types of spouses that would work. Then there is the small category of people who will probably be unhappy no matter the spouse. These are the ones I spend a lot of time with in my job.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 03:35 PM   #2
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ....

ive been staying with my parents quite frequently over the past 3-4 months and the other day when i was getting ready for my date my dad told me this exact thing. i dont know why he said it, said i looked nervous and not to worry that even if this date didnt work out there are plenty of fish in the sea and that too many people think there is just one for you.

he then expressed his love for my mother and said, sometimes you just get lucky and find the one that connects with your soul.

here is my feeling on it. i think there is a large handful of girls any particular guy can marry unless hes a whack job. i believe people live, shitty, crappy, alright, ok, decent, average, good, great, exceptional lives. i want to live an exceptional life so i have not married any one of a large handful of girls as i beleive with them i would have had an average to great life and am holding out until i find that girl that together we provide each other with an exceptional life. ive been super picky until now and am currently 25, i got at least 4 years more of being picky before i start lowering my standards.
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote