cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 05:46 PM   #21
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bYuPride View Post
...talked about the demand for tickets is MUCH higher at BYU than at U of A. although they did change the ticket prices and the way they are distributed to students which is a HUGE step in the right direction.
I am no econ major, but if the DEMAND is higher, shouldn't you be able to then increase the price or implement something like this with a "Blue Only" section? I mean, if there is more DEMAND, doesn't that mean people are willing to do more for the seats (be it wear blue, pay more, etc)?
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 05:52 PM   #22
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post
I am no econ major, but if the DEMAND is higher, shouldn't you be able to then increase the price or implement something like this with a "Blue Only" section? I mean, if there is more DEMAND, doesn't that mean people are willing to do more for the seats (be it wear blue, pay more, etc)?
they did increase the price of tickets. it would be really cool if they could implement a blue only policy somehow... i do for my tailgates anyway.
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 05:55 PM   #23
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post
One thing I liked as a student about the basketball games is, the earlier you showed up, the better your seats. Those who were there for the social aspect usually wouldn't show up two hours before the game, or stand outside all freaking day to watch a girls game and get tickets to the BYU-Utah game.

Self-admittedly I know less about the technical aspects of a basketball game than I do about football, but I understand the flow of the game (basketball), the difference between a 2-3, 3-2, 1-3-1 zones, etc. as well as simple offensive play sets. Again, nowhere near the level that I understand football, but that is beside the point.

The point I am trying to make is that with Basketball, those fans who are die-hards, who know about the game and who will make some noise and come up with the best taunts usually will show up earlier to get good seats. It puts the 'social' kids further back, and makes for at times a better atmosphere. It also helps have the place more full for the start of the game.

I wish they would do the same for football, something like the MUSS. Utah sure has BYU beat by a long shot when I compare the MUSS to anything BYU has offered.
another thing BYU basketball fans have is an identity. every team in the conference knows that when you play at the Marriott Center (and BYU is good) Cougar fans are going to be heckling you all night. BYU has great basketball fans. all they need is a name an their identity will continue to evolve and become better and better.

the first come first serve policy will never happen in football in the near future, as much as i'd like to that happen sooner than later, but like i said, BYU is taking a step in the right direction. another big step would be to have a specified area for the 'blue only' crowd kind of like the muss... BYU students can be great fans... look no further than the basketball crowd.
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 06:04 PM   #24
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bYuPride View Post
they did increase the price of tickets. it would be really cool if they could implement a blue only policy somehow... i do for my tailgates anyway.
Right. Which is why I don't buy the demand being higher as a valid reason for not being able to implement the policy.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote