cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2007, 10:37 PM   #11
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
I never said it wasn't an insult, but merely suggesting that I'm going easy on him.
I'm just waiting for you to pull out the big time insults like insulting my taste in food. You really zinged Triplet Daddy with that one.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 01:30 AM   #12
marsupial

marsupial is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
The movies aren't good because they are odd and bizarre, they are good because the movies are well made. The dialog in Coen brother's movies is always fantastic. The cinematography is great, the direction is great. The Coen brothers are quite possibly the best movie makers out there right now.

Fargo is a fantastic movie. I rank the Coen Brothers movies as follows:

1. The Big Lebowski
2. Fargo
3. Raising Arizona
4. Blood Simple
5. Miller's Crossing
6. O Brother Where Art Thou
7. Barton Fink
8. The Hudsucker Proxy
9. Intolerable Cruelty
10. The Man Who Wasn't There
11. The Lady Killers

Really excited to see No Country for Old Men.

Enjoy your Andy Sandler movies Rocky, I'll take something well made instead.
I just couldn't make it through Fargo. It was a bit too noir for me. From the list I have seen and enjoyed Raising Arizona, O Brother Where Art Thou and Intolerable Cruelty.
marsupial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 02:25 AM   #13
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

Fargo has such great characters. William H. Macy as Jerry Lundegaard is genius. And you have to love Steve Buschemi. My favorite scene in the movie is Lundegaard's wife running around with the shower curtain wrapped around her. Maybe I'm sick, but that always makes me laugh.
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 03:03 AM   #14
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur View Post
Fargo has such great characters. William H. Macy as Jerry Lundegaard is genius. And you have to love Steve Buschemi. My favorite scene in the movie is Lundegaard's wife running around with the shower curtain wrapped around her. Maybe I'm sick, but that always makes me laugh.
Yes. But the real genius of the show is to have pregnant cop Marge Gunderson crack the case.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:25 AM   #15
mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Yes. But the real genius of the show is to have pregnant cop Marge Gunderson crack the case.
I thought the real genius of the show was to be weird just to be weird so all of us "intellectuals" would like it.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:33 AM   #16
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I thought the real genius of the show was to be weird just to be weird so all of us "intellectuals" would like it.
No, I think it is the ability to capture certain aspects of characters and place ithem in extreme circumstances and see how it affects them. Jerry/Macy is fabulous in that film. You hate him, but you feel for him. Marge is also great, but the part I like the most about her is her interaction with her husband while she is pregnant and while she is trying to solve this bizarre case. It is a great film.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:48 AM   #17
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

Having served in Canada Winnipeg watching "Fargo" really took me back to that area. They captured the speech and feel of that area perfectly.
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 04:05 AM   #18
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
I'm just waiting for you to pull out the big time insults like insulting my taste in food. You really zinged Triplet Daddy with that one.
Yeah I did. Since you're like a human pogo stick....it's too easy to kick out the leg underneath with the simple ones.

One day if you ever find your balls and ever win an argument I might have to really go for the good insults. Idiots like you are just TOO easy of a target.

Last edited by RockyBalboa; 12-02-2007 at 04:07 AM.
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 04:14 AM   #19
mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
Yeah I did. Since you're like a human pogo stick....it's too easy to kick out the leg underneath with the simple ones.

One day if you ever find your balls and ever win an argument I might have to really go for the good insults. Idiots like you are just TOO easy of a target.
See the really sad thing is that you are actually delusional enough to believe this.

I'm sorry that movies by the Coen brothers require some degree of intelligence to actually get. It is not a reason to lash out at those who actually understand something about filmmaking and can spot the things that make the movies great.

Good to see you are consistent and feel a need to throw out insults unprovoked as usual.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:18 AM   #20
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
See the really sad thing is that you are actually delusional enough to believe this.

I'm sorry that movies by the Coen brothers require some degree of intelligence to actually get. It is not a reason to lash out at those who actually understand something about filmmaking and can spot the things that make the movies great.

Good to see you are consistent and feel a need to throw out insults unprovoked as usual.
They aren't unprovoked...you being who you are....constantly invite and set yourself up for them.