cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 09:07 PM   #41
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
That is what I was trying to say. As long as they are oustanding in their field, size to me isn't so important. Too big is just that, too big.
When nature makes them too big, so is the rest of the carriage.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:09 PM   #42
Requiem

Requiem is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
Mormon men are afraid of educated and strong women, haven't the threads about "Women who know" convinced you of that?
I know you probably say this in jest, but it is all too frustratingly true. Serious question: what are all the mormon men afraid of? Are they conditioned to believe strong, smart women are a threat to their precious masculinity?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 09:10 PM   #43
Requiem

Requiem is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
When nature makes them too big, so is the rest of the carriage.
Is this an equal opportunity statement applicable to the male of the species?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 09:11 PM   #44
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I know you probably say this in jest, but it is all too frustratingly true. Serious question: what are all the mormon men afraid of? Are they conditioned to believe strong, smart women are a threat to their precious masculinity?
We should note there is a difference between a smart educated woman and a bitch.

Maybe momon men just don't realize all smart educated women aren't bitches.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 09:13 PM   #45
Archaea

Quote:
Smart aggressive Mormon men are NOT afraid of that.

Take a moment and look at it.

We all have comfort zones. Some are afraid to walk outside of their comfort zones. If growing up, those men see women in a certain way, any gal deviating from the norm, will threaten that comfort zone. Now, for a percentage, some will find the new concept exciting and thrilling but may resort to comfort zones in a pinch.

Risk takers are more likely to be enthralled with those outside the comfort zone. What could be more exciting than a true partner, who challenges one's wit and intellect. However, many smart gals are just encountering dumb guys and those gals simply forget the comfort zone concept of psychology.

Last edited by Archaea; 10-15-2007 at 09:17 PM.
Archaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 09:15 PM   #46
Archaea

Quote:
Is this an equal opportunity statement applicable to the male of the species?
I preach fitness for both genders. There's no reason three fourths of the priesthood look like they are about to go on life support. I'm certain my fanaticism with fitness is excessive but it's to counter the lackadaisical attitude of my culture.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:18 PM   #47
woot

woot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Smart aggressive Mormon men are NOT afraid of that.

Take a moment and look at it.

We all have comfort zones. Some are afraid to walk outside of their comfort zones. If growing up, those men see women in a certain way, any gal deviating from the norm, will threaten that comfort zone. Now, for a percentage, some will find the new concept exciting and thrilling but may resort to comfort zones.

Risk takers are more likely to be enthralled with those outside the comfort zone. What could be more exciting than a true partner, who challenges one's wit and intellect. However, many smart gals are just encountering dumb guys and those gals simply forget the comfort zone concept of psychology.
I struggle with this a bit. My mother was educated, but mostly just a homemaker and not at all ambitious or accomplished. My wife makes lots of money and is on her way to creating a business empire that will very impressive indeed. I married her partly because of her ambition, and consider myself a secure individual, but I still find myself uncomfortable on occasion, particularly since I gave up being a part of that, with its accompanying income, in order to pursue academia, which will never amount to anything as far as income.
woot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 09:19 PM   #48
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
Hard to beat the athletic look

Now you're talking about nipples, and that's an entirely different discussion. The whole trophy/trophy case analogy doesn't work there.
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 09:22 PM   #49
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by woot View Post
I struggle with this a bit. My mother was educated, but mostly just a homemaker and not at all ambitious or accomplished. My wife makes lots of money and is on her way to creating a business empire that will very impressive indeed. I married her partly because of her ambition, and consider myself a secure individual, but I still find myself uncomfortable on occasion, particularly since I gave up being a part of that, with its accompanying income, in order to pursue academia, which will never amount to anything as far as income.
Well I would never wish to earn less than my spouse, as that's the competitive nature in me, but it would be exciting to know I wasn't the only one managing funds and being concerned with that.

Next gal I marry will have her own money, and have her own direction.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:25 PM   #50
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Next gal I marry will have her own money, and have her own direction.
Mrs. Archaea is going to be around spending your insurance money long after you are gone so you won't ever have this opportunity.
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote