cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2008, 06:04 PM   #1
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default About the only thing I like about Obama

He is smart. His bulb burns brighter than McCain's and I am sick of having a dumbass president. When McCain speaks he sounds like a slightly (and I stress slightly) smarter version of Bush. If only making a voting decision were as simple choosing the smartest guy.

Another strike for McCain is that he looks absolutely ancient standing next to Palin. When he came out on stage last night he looked like the freaking Crypt Keeper.

McCain is lucky I want low taxes and that I like short horror vignettes, because that is his best bet on keeping my vote. If he continues to sound a lot like Bush tonight and through November, I might be willing to pay higher taxes to get rid of him despite his history of hosting some quality horror movies on HBO.

Last edited by Flystripper; 09-04-2008 at 10:20 PM.
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:00 PM   #2
landpoke

landpoke is on a distinguished road

Don't forget he moves around like C3PO. And who doesn't like Star Wars?

I'm voting for McCain to keep Biden out of power. It's been a long time coming, but he's finally going to get a little payback from me.

Last edited by landpoke; 09-04-2008 at 07:02 PM.
landpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:13 PM   #3
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point

Very true about C3PO and McCain. I can't believe I didn't catch the similarities last night, but now that you mention it I can't get his robotic thumbs up out of my mind.

On a side note C3PO was always good with his foreign policy so maybe McCain will be fine. As you said, who doesn't like Star Wars? However, if we find out Palin is like Princess Leia the social conservative voting base could be seriously alienated. A voting group that doesn't want the gays to marry will flip out when they find out that Palin made out with her brother.
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:21 PM   #4
landpoke

landpoke is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
Very true about C3PO and McCain. I can't believe I didn't catch the similarities last night, but now that you mention it I can't get his robotic thumbs up out of my mind.

On a side note C3PO was always good with his foreign policy so maybe McCain will be fine. As you said, who doesn't like Star Wars? However, if we find out Palin is like Princess Leia the social conservative voting base could be seriously alienated. A voting group that doesn't want the gays to marry will flip out when they find out that Palin made out with her brother.
C3PO is not just GOOD with foreign policy, he's a purpose built protocol droid. He, like McCain, is MADE for foreign policy.

To your other point, all social conservatives secretly want to make out with their opposite sex sibling. So while there will be a lot of lip service about what a black mark this is on the ticket, in the end they'll vote their dirty little secret.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:07 PM   #5
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
When he came out on stage last night he looked like the freaking Crypt Keeper.
Did you see him try to hug her??
Ew ew ew.

Flystrip, if taxation is your major concern you may want to read up. Things are not always as they appear.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:18 PM   #6
Venkman

Venkman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
Did you see him try to hug her??
Ew ew ew.

Flystrip, if taxation is your major concern you may want to read up. Things are not always as they appear.
I think he looks awkward anytime he attempts a hug. Basically, his arms don't work so good. We have the NVA to thank for that.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:27 PM   #7
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkman View Post
I think he looks awkward anytime he attempts a hug. Basically, his arms don't work so good. We have the NVA to thank for that.
no, I don't mean his physical stiffness. It was her - she winced and averted her eyes and turned sideways...like you do for your creepy uncle. It was so funny!
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:27 PM   #8
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
no, I don't mean his physical stiffness. It was her - she winced and averted her eyes and turned sideways...like you do for your creepy uncle. It was so funny!
was it an air hug?
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 05:54 AM   #9
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default Don't confuse Stripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkman View Post
with the facts. It's much easier to make fun of someone who has suffered for decades for defending our country. It's the Flystripper's of the world who instead, fled to Canada. Girly men!
Old 09-05-2008, 05:56 AM   #10
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default Why not send in some extra money on your next

Quote:
He is smart. His bulb burns brighter than McCain's and I am sick of having a dumbass president. When McCain speaks he sounds like a slightly (and I stress slightly) smarter version of Bush. If only making a voting decision were as simple choosing the smartest guy.

Another strike for McCain is that he looks absolutely ancient standing next to Palin. When he came out on stage last night he looked like the freaking Crypt Keeper.

McCain is lucky I want low taxes and that I like short horror vignettes, because that is his best bet on keeping my vote. If he continues to sound a lot like Bush tonight and through November, I might be willing to pay higher taxes to get rid of him despite his history of hosting some quality horror movies on HBO.
tax return. There is no law preventing from you sending in more than you owe.