cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2007, 09:45 PM   #1
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default This week will require BYU to play inspired

as TCU is herky jerky as well, but we will not defeat them without playing some of our better ball.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:37 AM   #2
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
as TCU is herky jerky as well, but we will not defeat them without playing some of our better ball.
BYU has no chance against TCU. I haven't even seen TCU play, but I figure they will at least try in their game against BYU and I have seen BYU play. The Cougars record is totally deceiving.

This game will come down to Max Hall. If he plays well, BYU will win. If he plays poorly, it will be a toss up. I worry about special teams, but not as much as I do Max Hall.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:39 AM   #3
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
BYU has no chance against TCU. I haven't even seen TCU play, but I figure they will at least try in their game against BYU and I have seen BYU play. The Cougars record is totally deceiving.

This game will come down to Max Hall. If he plays well, BYU will win. If he plays poorly, it will be a toss up. I worry about special teams, but not as much as I do Max Hall.
I would say our record is deceiving. We had no business losing to Tulsa or UCLA.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:48 AM   #4
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
I would say our record is deceiving. We had no business losing to Tulsa or UCLA.
How many rushing yards did BYU have against CSU?

Please explain to me how BYU looked like a good team against CSU without mentioning BYU's passing attack, CSU only tried to stop the BYU rushing attack and basically forfeited the game by not defending the pass. So the pass statistics mean absolutely nothing.

Nothing good can be said about the BYU - CSU game. Further name one game where BYU threw for 400 yards and rushed for 200 yards in the same game while holding the opponent to under 200 yards passing and under 100 yards rushing while BYU never turned the ball over once or allowed a sack and always kept the opponent from crossing into BYU's territory and never gave up a 3rd down conversion while BYU never even had to convert on 3rd down and every kickoff was a touchback?

I'll bet you can't produce such a game from BYU this year, therefore they suck. That is all that matters.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:06 AM   #5
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

I am willing to bet that if we beat TCU, Archaea will say that TCU sucks and is very overrated.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:07 AM   #6
FMCoug

FMCoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
I am willing to bet that if we beat TCU, Archaea will say that TCU sucks and is very overrated.
Also, TCU is on a short week and has to travel for it.
FMCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 03:11 AM   #7
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMCoug View Post
Also, TCU is on a short week and has to travel for it.
Good call, and I am sure they have some injuries and we are essentially coming off of a Bye because CSU sucks. We also had a bye the week before then EWU, then a bye and then UNLV, so we have had 5 weeks to prepare for TCU.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:01 AM   #8
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

I predict a BYU win, but I am still worried.