cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2008, 02:46 AM   #11
ewth8tr

ewth8tr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by landpoke View Post
I don't know the particulars, that's just what I was told by the guy behind the desk last time I had cause to rent a storage space. I think I might have read an article about people living in those spaces and that's why I had asked.
I live in a very poor ward and we have had a couple of occasions where people have moved into the ward and the address given is a dirty little storage center off of west temple.

Må din pung bli överkörd av femhundra siamesiska elefantbögar samtidigt som du får en ananas uppkörd långt upp i rektum - Most common thing said to LiveCoug on his mission.
ewth8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 02:56 AM   #12
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Do they rent storage units by the hour?
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 03:13 AM   #13
jxncoog

jxncoog is on a distinguished road

Someone was using a storage unit at the end of our street in Balch Springs as a meth lab some 20 years ago. They got busted, but said it was a dangerous enough operation that had there been an explosion, it would have leveled our home.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:36 AM   #14
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

My favorite storage story happened about ten years ago here in Seattle. A guy was living in Pocatello with his wife and kids. He was a salesman in a car dealership. For about 14 years since he met his wife he paid for this storage unit up in Seattle. Somehow the bill paying fell to her for a while and she decided this monthly bill on the storage unit from his prior life was a wasteful nuisance and need not be paid. So she quit paying for a couple of months.

What the storage company does when this happens is aucition contents off site unseen for a few bucks. The proud owner of the contents opened the unit up, and later he described that "it smelled like Vietnam." They found the prior renter's wife and two kids in there. Murdered with a knife and stuffed into garbage bags with vials of holy water tied onto them. The murderer told his in-laws his wife ran off with the kids. They said they always wondered what the hell happened to her.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 03:43 AM   #15
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I"m telling you it's a bit scary. I ain't going round unless the employees are there and it's daylight.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 03:57 AM   #16
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
My favorite storage story happened about ten years ago here in Seattle...
Damn I certainly don't want to hear your least favorite story
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 04:31 AM   #17
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
My favorite storage story happened about ten years ago here in Seattle. A guy was living in Pocatello with his wife and kids. He was a salesman in a car dealership. For about 14 years since he met his wife he paid for this storage unit up in Seattle. Somehow the bill paying fell to her for a while and she decided this monthly bill on the storage unit from his prior life was a wasteful nuisance and need not be paid. So she quit paying for a couple of months.

What the storage company does when this happens is aucition contents off site unseen for a few bucks. The proud owner of the contents opened the unit up, and later he described that "it smelled like Vietnam." They found the prior renter's wife and two kids in there. Murdered with a knife and stuffed into garbage bags with vials of holy water tied onto them. The murderer told his in-laws his wife ran off with the kids. They said they always wondered what the hell happened to her.
This reminds me of a similar true story of a guy in my neighborhood. He rented a storage unit under the pseudonym "Hester Mofet." It turns out the guy was a cannibal. The police checked his storage unit and found the severed head of Benjamin Raspail, an aspiring transsexual that had been murdered and left behind before he could be eaten. The cannibal later escaped to Florence, Italy and fed human brains to a small Chinese kid.

There are some crazy things going on in my neighborhood, let me tell you.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:40 PM   #18
RedHeadGal

RedHeadGal is on a distinguished road

I rented a storage locker last summer, and it never occurred to me to be afraid or paranoid. Now reading this I am thinking I should have been.
RedHeadGal is offline   Reply With Quote