cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2006, 05:16 AM   #21
VAX77

VAX77

I am not sure if we are missing the mark here. I do not fully understand how we are tested by deity (and by screwtape and all the lesser devils.) I wish I did know. At the heart of the issue is what your family truly believes. Instead of treating symptoms here, there should be focus on what the gospel really is. If that is in someones heart, they are able to endure horrible conditions or times of plenty because those things are conditions of this life, not its purpose. I am not saying this because I have perfect faith and am always focused, but in my times of struggle or difficulty and when I feel like I cannot continue, I have been able to draw strength from seeing the big picture and purpose of this life. If we lose sight and look at living in a nice home and having a fat bank account as our goals(which I find myself falling into all the time), then life is turned upside down when obstacles arise to prevent us from those goals. When our goals are focused on the eternities, then we get by on the way to those goals. It is not easy, but, well, you know....

I acknowledge that I have never gone through the incredible struggles that your family has endured and I may not have acted differently than they had, but hopefully if/when I face similar siutations, I will fall back on my faith and testimony to get through.
VAX77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 05:33 AM   #22
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters
I think you either believe in it or you don't.
Yes. For some of us the explanation is just that simple.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote