cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2008, 09:13 PM   #11
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahDan View Post
It was probably an off the cuff thing that the guy would reconsider if he stopped and thought about it. But seriously, the California Supreme Court decides that gay marriage must be allowed and God responds by punishing thousands of people, including children, who had absolutely nothing to do with it by setting their homes on fire? Really?

So why didn't the other states wit gay marriage get set on fire? People just suspend common sense way too much at times. But again, my guess is that this guy would agree with us were someone to make the point to him.
Precisely. I would assume God has the power to strike the homes of the justices on the California Supreme Court if he wants to rather than punishing people who have nothing to do with it. And hopefully you are right that the bishop would retract his words with a bit more thought.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 09:13 PM   #12
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
It was probably an off the cuff thing that the guy would reconsider if he stopped and thought about it. But seriously, the California Supreme Court decides that gay marriage must be allowed and God responds by punishing thousands of people, including children, who had absolutely nothing to do with it by setting their homes on fire? Really?

So why didn't the other states wit gay marriage get set on fire? People just suspend common sense way too much at times. But again, my guess is that this guy would agree with us were someone to make the point to him.
The big earthquakes in the BOM following the crucifixion of the Savior. I wonder if there were any good people who were killed in that disaster.
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 09:15 PM   #13
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colly Wolly View Post
The big earthquakes in the BOM following the crucifixion of the Savior. I wonder if there were any good people who were killed in that disaster.
Are you saying you believe your bishop is right?
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 09:18 PM   #14
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It would sure be arbitrary if there were.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:21 PM   #15
Colly Wolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Are you saying you believe your bishop is right?
Yes. He is right that it is interesting. Is he right that the disaster is connected to the court ruling? I don't know. But exUte brings up a good point that God has used natural disasters as punishment for wickedness in the past, and, presumably, innocents were also negatively affected in disasters in the scriptures. I just don't know. What do you make of it?
Old 06-29-2008, 09:23 PM   #16
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yes. He is right that it is interesting. Is he right that the disaster is connected to the court ruling? I don't know. But exUte brings up a good point that God has used natural disasters as punishment for wickedness in the past, and, presumably, innocents were also negatively affected in disasters in the scriptures. I just don't know. What do you make of it?
Wow. Just......wow.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:26 PM   #17
Colly Wolly

Quote:
Wow. Just......wow.
Dude. Where is the wow factor here? Can you address the issue at all? I'm not trying to piss anyone off. I have no clue if there is a connection or not. What is with the outrage? Do you read 3rd Nephi and then throw your BOM against the wall in disgust? I'm just thinking this through. Chill.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:31 PM   #18
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

I believe it is the gay sex, not two people having a civil ceremony which is wrong is Gods eyes. My guess is now that they are married the number of times they have sex will actually go down.

Eddy Merckx
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 09:36 PM   #19
CardiacCoug

CardiacCoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
I believe it is the gay sex, not two people having a civil ceremony which is wrong is Gods eyes. My guess is now that they are married the number of times they have sex will actually go down.
I agree.

http://cougarguard.com/forum/showthr...t=20440&page=2
CardiacCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 09:39 PM   #20
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by exUte View Post
Yeah God has never connected natural disasters with immorality.
Well, it was certainly nice of him to strike all of the conservative counties in California. Maybe he needs to update his political map. BTW, I would have bet a lot of money that you'd agree with that ludicrous idea.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote