cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2008, 04:10 AM   #21
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
What's insulting is how people favoring the bail out assume they are the hard headed, amoral, smart people, and the opponents are just a bunch of angry, jealous nuts. Just look at the NY Times editorial page and see works like "nihilists" and "mad men" in the headlines.

Not true. If you look you can see a lot of responsible money and industry people and academics opposing it. Even Hillary says she has to hold her nose.

But this is par for the course. For DDD, the position to support is always the one he regards as the cool one. Cool is his first criterion. Right now, it's cool to support a bail out. So 3D is for it. But a majority of Americans don't support it, and a hell of a lot of the elite, non-members of the masses do to. We opponents are not voices in the wilderness. We're in the wise center.
The bailout is cool? in which circles is any of this cool?

I view it as a pragmatic solution to a really awful situation. You litigate. You and I aren't running in the same circles. It would behoove all of us if the economy were to get pumping again. I have zero interest in sitting around doing nothing to teach the unnamed masses some sort of moral lesson about home buying.

Your argument conveniently ignores many who agree that a bailout is needed, so I do not find that point to be persuasive in the slightest.

And for the record, I don't think all opponents are jealous. But some are, and mikewaters seems to be numbered among them.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 04:10 AM   #22
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I think DDD isn't lying. DAB's home has no yard per google maps satellite view, and per zillow.com is worth quite a nice bundle. If expect DDD's home is worth more than DAB's home.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 04:18 AM   #23
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I think DDD isn't lying. DAB's home has no yard per google maps satellite view, and per zillow.com is worth quite a nice bundle. If expect DDD's home is worth more than DAB's home.
who is dab?

you guys are paranoid. I don't lie about things. Why would I lie about not having a yard? I have said that many times.

In Irvine, you know how much a detached home with a yard is going for these days? Not cheap. and we went from zero kids to 3 at one time, so we got nailed with lots of expenses that we were otherwise not planning to absorb.

brother, can you spare $1,000,000?

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 10-01-2008, 04:51 AM   #24
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
That's my point. Maybe it has no yard, but that fact is highly misleading. It's a strange fact to keep highlighting in isolation.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 04:54 AM   #25
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
That's my point. Maybe it has no yard, but that fact is highly misleading. It's a strange fact to keep highlighting in isolation.
I wish you guys would stop revealing my name.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:29 AM   #26
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by exUte View Post
I agree with Mike.
Game, set and match to DDD.

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote