cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 05:31 PM   #1
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa
Default Hey Goat...question about Army.

I'm retarded cause I can't remember where Army plays their home games. Is it Veterans Stadium in Philadephia?

Anyway...with them on BYU's future schedule I'd like to experience what a gameday back east would be like being around military.

I know AFA has always been close by, but an opportunity to go back there doesn't come up every other year like this one does.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:38 PM   #2
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

They only play Navy in Philly.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 05:40 PM   #3
Judge Smails

Judge Smails is on a distinguished road

I have no knowledge in the military academies but on ESPN radio a while back somebody (Doug Gottlieb???) was talking about for all the great football stadiums - the Big House, Notre Dame, Rice-Eccles, etc - nothing beats the experience of a football game at West Point. The tradition, the memorabilia, et al he said were hands down the best game day experience. I was somewhat surprised but I guess it makes sense.

Just hope they're playing Temple that day if you're going to root for the home team.
Judge Smails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 06:03 PM   #4
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

They play their games at Michie Stadium at West Point. What a great setting:

One of the few regrets I have from my days at Marist was not taking the time to attend a a game at West Point.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 06:23 PM   #5
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
I'm retarded cause I can't remember where Army plays their home games. Is it Veterans Stadium in Philadephia?

Anyway...with them on BYU's future schedule I'd like to experience what a gameday back east would be like being around military.

I know AFA has always been close by, but an opportunity to go back there doesn't come up every other year like this one does.
Army's home games are in Michie Stadium on post at West Point, NY. It seats about 40,000 folks and is one of the most beautiful atmospheres for college football there is.

I intend to go to the game at West Point, it might even coincide with my 15 year reunion. I will give a tour to all interested full of double entendres and a guest appearance by those women of ill-repute who earned their title based upon General Joseph Hooker, USMA class of 1810. See folks we have grads who invented baseball, the wedge formation and working girls..we are the perfect personification of the American institution!

"Oh blessed patriot dreams that sees beyond the years....thine muddy soliders get serviced by the best in working girls!"
Old 10-02-2007, 06:27 PM   #6
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
Army's home games are in Michie Stadium on post at West Point, NY. It seats about 40,000 folks and is one of the most beautiful atmospheres for college football there is.

I intend to go to the game at West Point, it might even coincide with my 15 year reunion. I will give a tour to all interested full of double entendres and a guest appearance by those women of ill-repute who earned their title based upon General Joseph Hooker, USMA class of 1810. See folks we have grads who invented baseball, the wedge formation and working girls..we are the perfect personification of the American institution!

"Oh blessed patriot dreams that sees beyond the years....thine muddy soliders get serviced by the best in working girls!"
I feel bad that you will be there when Army gets blasted by the Cougars. I guess its win-win for you though.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:40 PM   #7
Goatnapper'96

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
I feel bad that you will be there when Army gets blasted by the Cougars. I guess its win-win for you though.
Really? You think?

I will root my guts out for Army and have complete confidence the only thing railroading BYU from back to back BCS bowls in 2011 and 2012 will be my beloved Black Knights.

Typical arrogant zoobies already predicting a win, clearly this post demonstrates why you think God is on your side and why you people are an embarassment to the LDS Church.

Why do you think everyone in the MWC hates you? It is because New Mexico is as good as your team and you won't admit it!
Old 10-02-2007, 07:43 PM   #8
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
Really? You think?

I will root my guts out for Army and have complete confidence the only thing railroading BYU from back to back BCS bowls in 2011 and 2012 will be my beloved Black Knights.

Typical arrogant zoobies already predicting a win, clearly this post demonstrates why you think God is on your side and why you people are an embarassment to the LDS Church.

Why do you think everyone in the MWC hates you? It is because New Mexico is as good as your team and you won't admit it!
ALAF's are unbelievably annoying.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:45 PM   #9
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
They play their games at Michie Stadium at West Point. What a great setting:

One of the few regrets I have from my days at Marist was not taking the time to attend a a game at West Point.
Good thing our boy Grady didn't play in that stadium...too many footballs would end up in the River.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:52 PM   #10
Goatnapper'96

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
Good thing our boy Grady didn't play in that stadium...too many footballs would end up in the River.
Lusk Reservoir.

"Hey smack, how many gallons of water in Lusk Reservoir?"

"82 million Sir, when the water is flowing over the spillway."

It has been 17 years and I still have plebe knowledge down like the back of my hand...anyone want to know the definition of leather?

I do believe that there was a member of the Corps in the 50's who it was assumed he was batting for the Utes, he ended up floating face down.....perhaps it was a rumor....

The Hudson River is about a mile north of the stadium.

The hike is mostly downhill from Michie. Dennis Michie became an artilleryman so they put the stadium upon the most strategic place to deploy indirect fire to protect West Point....or something like that.