cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 09:33 PM   #1
HuskyFreeNorthwest

HuskyFreeNorthwest is an unknown quantity at this point
Default If I didn't love Directv so much I would hate them

So I built a new house that was finished last year around the end of April. Being a sports fan and realizing about 3 years previous that if you like sports and enjoy viewing images of people playing sports on your television the only real option is Directv, I of course moved my service from my old house to my new one.

At my old house I had not had HDtv. In our new home we had 3 TVs which received HD. Having already seen a picture of Jessica Simpson spreading her legs above the face of someone in her Daisy Duke skirt I was convinced that I also needed Directv HD and the "soon" to be more than 9,000,000 channels they alone would offer in HD. I spent some time talking to the super smart people that work at Best Buy and Circuit City, and called Directv on 3 different occaisions to verify what equipment I would need to acquire the crystal clear HD channels that Sister Simpson had peaked my interest in. I was told on every occasion that the receiver box I was buying was the correct one.

So I bought three and outfitted the previously mentioned new HDtvs. Well sometime this September the "soon" that beloved Sister Simpson had alluded to had finally arrived, and yet I was still only getting the same 7 channels in HD that I always had. I called Directv and was told that I would need to upgrade my receiver boxes in order to get the new channels, and at this time they did not have any deals or specials that would allow me to get the new boxes at a discount.

After a trip with a couple of friends to a local ancient Indian burial ground turned craps table, I decided that I had enough money to waste to replace the receivers. So I went and bought the last one that was in stock at the store last week and ordered 2 more. I set up the box and still no new HD channels. I called Directv (one of the reasons I am not fuming at Directv is that I have yet to speak to someone who is not in America with the ability to both speak and understand English) and they told me oh you will also need a new dish, but we will replace that for free.

On Monday my dish was replaced. Still no new HD channels. Today a second service call from the installers ended with them saying well it appears as though your receiver is broken. You should just call and tell them to send you a new one.

The moral of the story is, if you don't like sports it doesn't matter what TV service you have.
HuskyFreeNorthwest is offline   Reply With Quote