cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2006, 08:34 PM   #1
Parrot Head

Parrot Head is an unknown quantity at this point
Default With the Bonds hub-bub out there now...

has anyone here ever taken any supplements (beyond Bust Must Plus)? I tried Creatine for a while but never noticed anything other than the noted side effect of dry stool.
Parrot Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 08:40 PM   #2
Alkili

Alkili is an unknown quantity at this point

I tried creatine, and noticed that I could do more before muscle fatuige set in.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:34 AM   #3
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

In my college playing days, I found that the days I had a bag of sunflower seeds in the dugout, I had a better day at the plate. Frito/Lay sunflower seeds were better than David.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 04:55 PM   #4
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I keep thinking this thread is about James Bond hub-bub.

Oh, and I've never used anything to enhance my body. I'm naturally 6'4" 275 lbs of muscle. And I can bench press 425 lbs.

Carry on.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 05:57 PM   #5
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo

Oh, and I've never used anything to enhance my body. I'm naturally 6'4" 275 lbs of muscle. And I can bench press 425 lbs.

Carry on.
dude what a dick....

ha, ha, ha.....
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 07:31 PM   #6
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo

Carry on.
dude what a dick....

ha, ha, ha.....
no roids? dude, that's why his acne was so bad (when he used his picture as his avatar).
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 04:16 AM   #7
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Once upon a time I was an aspiring athlete and worked out furiously. So much so that one semester in college my studies were secondary to my workouts as evidenced in my GPA that semester.

I have taken most supplements with the exception of any anabolic steroid or HGH. Supplements can get pricey. At one point I was spending over $250/month on supplements. I since have scaled back my intake.

I still cycle creatine. I use Cell-Tech. I regularly drink myoplex as a meal replacement or post workout meal. I take glutamine to help with recovery. And a mixture of thermogenic enhancers. That is all.

I have never had any adverse effects with any supplement except with one by Syntrax called Adipo-Kinetix. It was a fat burner in the pre-ephedrine ban days. This stuff was potent and contained pure norephedrine. This stuff was speed in a bottle. I thought I was going to have a heart attack after taking two pills. Needless to say the stuff was banned but was a favorite among bodybuilders and workout freaks. After the ephedra ban and prior to it people were stockpiling this stuff. A month supply sold in stores for $30 but was seen on eBay for 3-4x that after it was pulled off shelves.

Redline is super potent too. It gives you the chills. Then it makes you feel warm. It's a fever in a bottle.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 03:25 AM   #8
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

I have tried the following supplements:

Androstenedione- this stuff works wonders, but it is probably the closest thing to an illegal steroid on the market.

Creatine- safe and effective

No2- newest revolution works very well, but at 80 for a bottle of 100 and needing to take 8-10 pills a day it is very very pricey.

Pump tech- biggest waste of money ever, i got about 10 free samples in the mail, it did not work at all.

The Beast- very effective, i know a lot of BYU football players use this, however i have friends that it did cause some acne.