cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2008, 02:28 PM   #1
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Why does Obama respond to Bill?

Bill isn't running for president, so why does Obama dignify his jabs with a response? If I ran the Obama campaign, I'd assign someone with some gravitas to respond to Bill, perhaps Kerry or someone else. If asked about what Bill just said, Obama should then say something like this, "As far as I know, Bill isn't running for president, his wife is. I'm sure she has a voice in these matters and I'll happily respond when she uses it."

Time for Hillary to cowboy up and quit hiding behind her husband.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:30 PM   #2
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

That she is hiding behind Bill just confirms for me even more that she stayed with him to further her political career. If she were as strong a woman as she would have us believe, she'd tell Bill to shut up and let her run her own race. But she can't do it on her own, nor does she have the guts to do it on her own.

I agree that Obama should ignore Bill, but the Clintons are a package deal. If he or Edwards wants the Dem nomination, he'll have to defeat both Clintons.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:38 PM   #3
myboynoah

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
I agree that Obama should ignore Bill, but the Clintons are a package deal. If he or Edwards wants the Dem nomination, he'll have to defeat both Clintons.
Yes, they are a team and acting very much like it, which I don't think it will play well in the general election. I wouldn't give the sob the time of day. Let Leahy take on Bill and wait for Hillary to come out and play. Make it apparent that Obama is calling her out, and only her.

This is amazing to watch. Bill is providing some great soundbites on Obama's inexperience should Obama get the nomination. I'm sure we'll see those again from the Repubs.

Should Hillary get the nomination, she is surely laying the groundwork for Black dissatisfaction. Blacks finally put up a nonpolarizing candidate that has a realistic chance and the Clintons chase him to the back of the bus. I wonder how this will be received in the Black community.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:44 PM   #4
woot

woot is on a distinguished road

I like Bill Clinton, largely because he so often was able to rise above the fray, particularly since leaving office. His willingness to get down in the muck and to say anything to get his wife elected has lowered my opinion of him significantly.
woot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:46 PM   #5
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

I agree completely that Obama ought to let someone else deal with Bill. It would be great fun to hear Obama say something like "Poor little helpless Mrs. Clinton. I understand why she hides behind her husband. She's a weak little girl who can't do something of significance without a man to help her."

I would advise him to play the sexist card. It would tick off the NOW crowd, but the NOW crowd isn't as effective as it thinks it is - Augusta National proved that.

As for Bill, maybe Obama could send a few strippers his way to detract him. They wouldn't even have to be attractive. Bill is indiscriminate from the waste down.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:48 PM   #6
myboynoah

Quote:
Originally Posted by woot View Post
I like Bill Clinton, largely because he so often was able to rise above the fray, particularly since leaving office. His willingness to get down in the muck and to say anything to get his wife elected has lowered my opinion of him significantly.
Well, she is family. I wonder if he feels some kind of debt to her. He is really putting forth the effort; he really cares. I remarked to my wife that he really does love her, in a Bill Clinton loving Hillary kind of way.

It sure has made television very interesting lately.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:56 PM   #7
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
Well, she is family. I wonder if he feels some kind of debt to her. He is really putting forth the effort; he really cares. I remarked to my wife that he really does love her, in a Bill Clinton loving Hillary kind of way.

It sure has made television very interesting lately.
I suppose Bill really does feel as if he should be on his wife's side. She put up with him and his ways for many, many years. He at least owes her that.

Old 01-24-2008, 09:51 PM   #8
Venkman

Venkman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
Maybe. But Bill loves Bill first and foremost. He wants back in the White House. She's not up to the job and if she wins, this time around it really will be a co-presidency.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:37 PM   #9
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
LMAO. You are just now realizing this?! Welcome to planet earth. He is called "Slick Willy" for a reason. Geez...
NorCal Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 12:24 AM   #10
malapert

malapert is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I like Bill Clinton....

That's where you lost me woot.

"He has all the virtues I dislike--and none of the vices I admire." -Winston Churchill

"He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends." -Oscar Wilde

"In order to avoid being called a flirt, she always yielded easily." -Charles, Count Talleyrand
malapert is offline   Reply With Quote