cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2008, 02:45 PM   #1
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default McCain is having the nomination handed to him on a silver platter but is he as dumb

as the next guy?

McCain is trying to defeat Romney in Mass while ignoring California?

It seems to me nobody wants to win the nomination on either side.

Giuliani ran the silliest campaign ever.

Romney ran stupidly towards the evangelicals.

Huckabee ran into favor and then started sounding like a nutjob.

I have an idea, lets hold the office of the Presidency open for four years until somebody who deserves the office can run a decent campaign.

McCain may become an adequate, slightly better than Bush, President but he's a horrible campaigner even when he has everything going for him.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:14 PM   #2
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't understand his Mass strategy at all, kind of a macho thing I suppose. Or maybe he was hoping to be there for the big victory celebrations and capture some of the reflected glory.

He's reading too much into his Boston Globe endorsement.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 03:23 PM   #3
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

His judgment is clouded by his hatred of Romney, taking Mike Huckabee's advice to the extreme.

Quote:
The night of the Iowa caucuses, after getting a congratulatory call from McCain, Huckabee told the candidate, according to aides: "Now it's your turn to kick his butt."
http://www.time.com/time/politics/ar...709507,00.html
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 03:32 PM   #4
myboynoah

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
His judgment is clouded by his hatred of Romney, taking Mike Huckabee's advice to the extreme.

http://www.time.com/time/politics/ar...709507,00.html
Poor Huckabee. How dissapointed he'll be when McCain finds a real running mate, leaving his buxom "good time" girl to ride the bus back to Arkansas.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:51 PM   #5
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I like it. This is like a quarterback who get chased out of the pocket and then looks for a safety to spear.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 03:59 PM   #6
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
I like it. This is like a quarterback who get chased out of the pocket and then looks for a safety to spear.
I'm having a difficult time figuring out this analogy. So the qb is scrambling out of the pocket and rather than throw the ball, run or slide, he decides to spear a safety? I don't believe I've ever seen that scenario play out.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 06:32 PM   #7
myboynoah

Quote:
I'm having a difficult time figuring out this analogy. So the qb is scrambling out of the pocket and rather than throw the ball, run or slide, he decides to spear a safety? I don't believe I've ever seen that scenario play out.
So is McCain this nutty kamikaze QB?

Old 02-04-2008, 06:40 PM   #8
SeattleUte

Quote:
Vikings' quarterback Joe Kapp used to do that.

—Paul Auster
Old 02-04-2008, 06:42 PM   #9
SeattleUte

If Kapp had a chance to throw he would, but rather than run out of bounds or slide he'd try to spear defenders.

—Paul Auster
Old 02-04-2008, 07:20 PM   #10
myboynoah

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
If Kapp had a chance to throw he would, but rather than run out of bounds or slide he'd try to spear defenders.
I loved Joe Kapp; Kapp to Gene Washington. Those were great times.

But he lost to the Chiefs in the Super Bowl.

Spearing safeties perhaps isn't a winning formula.