cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2008, 05:10 PM   #1
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road
Default Red Sox tickets

So I'm taking the family back east this summer to show them Boston, New York and Washington. My sixteen year old whats to see a Sox game at Fenway so I went online last night and got four tickets. All of them are apart from each other and have a obstructed view and it still cost me over $200 for these. If any one has connections back there would you let me know. The game's that would work are June 11 or 12th.
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 05:24 PM   #2
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
So I'm taking the family back east this summer to show them Boston, New York and Washington. My sixteen year old whats to see a Sox game at Fenway so I went online last night and got four tickets. All of them are apart from each other and have a obstructed view and it still cost me over $200 for these. If any one has connections back there would you let me know. The game's that would work are June 11 or 12th.
Wow, what a change. When I lived there from '95-'97 I went to games all the time and paid $9 for outfield bleacher seats. Bernard on cb has some serious connections when it comes to the Sox.

Last edited by SteelBlue; 02-22-2008 at 05:32 PM.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 05:57 PM   #3
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

I think this is pretty normal for Sox tickets now. Such a tiny stadium doesn't have enough seats, so the prices are always high.

I have been to Fenway 4 or 5 times since their resurgence and each time I had to pay a chunk of dough to get the tickets.

If you want 4 together, you are going to pay at least $50 a ticket, if not more. Your one outside chance if if you are willing to sit in bleacher, but the problem with bleacher is that even though they are unobstructed, they don't even face home plate. Fenway is a bizarre layout.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 06:11 PM   #4
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Those bleacher seats are great. Lots of extracurricular action going on. My favorite memory was when 2 Cleveland fans about age 10, a boy and girl, had the stones to unfurl an Indians sign in the outfield bleacher section. Almost immediately a group of grown men began pelting these 2 kids with peanuts. The kids would move and this rapidly growing group of men would keep pelting them. Eventually the cops showed up, surely to throw these guys out right? Nope, they took the sign from the kids, tore it up and told the kids to go sit back down.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 06:15 PM   #5
smokymountainrain

smokymountainrain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
If you want 4 together, you are going to pay at least $50 a ticket, if not more.
$50 a pop to watch the Red Sox in the regular season? I'm offended.
smokymountainrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 06:43 PM   #6
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
$50 a pop to watch the Red Sox in the regular season? I'm offended.
Easily offended, borderline racist, and now a cheapskate....

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 02-22-2008, 07:03 PM   #7
smokymountainrain

Quote:
Easily offended, borderline racist, and now a cheapskate....
Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem paying $50 a ticket to watch a MLB game, but the Red Sox? Maybe if I get to sit atop the Green Monster. Maybe.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:29 PM   #8
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Whatever the situation, my advice would be to see a game at Fenway. It is one of the greatest baseball experiences. I'm not a Sox nor am I a Yankees fan, but Fenway and Yankee Stadium are two of the grand cathedrals of baseball.*

Going to Boston when it's baseball season and not seeing a Red Sox game is like going to Firenze, Italia and not seeing il Ponte Vecchio or going to Disneyland and not riding Pirates of the Caribbean.

*It should be noted that I am a baseball junkie and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of the majority of those in this country that don't understand baseball.**

**I apologize for that comment, as I understand that one can be a complete baseball ignoramus, yet still appreciate a night at the ballpark, though the real crime would be that he most likely has absolutely no idea why a place like Fenway is one of the most sacred 7.5 acres on the face of the earth.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 07:50 PM   #9
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem paying $50 a ticket to watch a MLB game, but the Red Sox? Maybe if I get to sit atop the Green Monster. Maybe.
I sat there, Row 1, Seat A, right next to the Pole.

Dodgers were in town for interleague so my brother and I flew out and went to the Saturday game. They lost Friday and Sunday, but killed the Sox on Saturday. It was a great day.

At the time, a friend was the Director of Ticketing, so he hooked it up. He left that season, after the Sox won it all. He took a job with National Hot Rod Association, or something incredibly uninteresting like that.

I still have that stub somewhere, plus loads of pics from atop the Monsta. That was an awesome experience.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:25 PM   #10
smokymountainrain

Quote:
I sat there, Row 1, Seat A, right next to the Pole.

Dodgers were in town for interleague so my brother and I flew out and went to the Saturday game. They lost Friday and Sunday, but killed the Sox on Saturday. It was a great day.

At the time, a friend was the Director of Ticketing, so he hooked it up. He left that season, after the Sox won it all. He took a job with National Hot Rod Association, or something incredibly uninteresting like that.

I still have that stub somewhere, plus loads of pics from atop the Monsta. That was an awesome experience.
Despite the fact that I hate the Sox (Yankees too, btw), I don't know that there is another seat in baseball I would rather occupy for a game.