cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2008, 05:28 PM   #1
Oxcoug

Oxcoug is on a distinguished road
Default McCain on FP and hopeful Dem delusions

I don't love John McCain. I think his foreign policy cred is overstated, overrated and generally thought to be more than it is.

All that said - his hopeful critics confuse themselves and amuse the rest of us with the notion that this is somehow going to be a fundamental weakness. It's funny to watch things like the instance when he bungled Shia and Sunni and Al Qaeda. The man was clearly talking about Islamic extremists in general - I've seen professors, masters of their fields at top universities, make equally egregious errors in lecturing. That doesn't mean they don't know the difference (obviously they do) - people sometimes say one thing when they mean another because the two things are related.

Then this alleged flip-flop is even more hilarious. He says "I would hope that we could bring them all home, I would hope that we would probably leave some military advisers, as we have in other countries, to help them with their training and equipment and that kind of stuff" in 2005 and that is supposed to be the reverse of his current position?

It's hysterical watching the media try to frame that as a radical departure from his current position. Hysterical.
Oxcoug is offline   Reply With Quote