cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2008, 03:57 AM   #1
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah
Default Go Lakers

Bring on the Pistons or the Celtics. Should be a good finals either way. Kobe vs. Rip or Kobe vs. Allen.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 04:00 AM   #2
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Here's hoping for a Celtics/Lakers final. Lots of good memories cheering for Bird, Ainge, Et al. to beat LA.
Old 05-30-2008, 04:08 AM   #3
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Whoever it is the Lakers win in 5 or 6.
Old 05-30-2008, 04:44 AM   #4
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

I thought the Lakers would lose to the Spurs (I think I posted as much here). I honestly did.

Now that they are in the Finals, I really think they are going to have a difficult time with either team. They will not have HCA in either series and the Celtics, if playing well, are simply a better team.

The Lakers do have a chance simply because Ray Allen has been useless all playoffs.

I do hope the Celtics beat the Pistons because if we get a Boston/LA finals, both teams will cart out all the old players, show cool highlights, etc....it will be an amazing stroll down memory lane and my Laker childhood. And it will be awesome to see all those amazing players on the court again, even if they are old and pudgy.

It would also be nice to see Rambis get a chance to punch Kevin McHale in the jaw as payback for the clothesline.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 05:04 AM   #5
Hsaru

Hsaru is on a distinguished road

Celtics can't score near enough, Pistons only chance is to make it a slopfest. Lakers in 5, with 2-3 blowouts.
Hsaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 02:27 PM   #6
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I thought the Lakers would lose to the Spurs (I think I posted as much here). I honestly did.

Now that they are in the Finals, I really think they are going to have a difficult time with either team. They will not have HCA in either series and the Celtics, if playing well, are simply a better team.

The Lakers do have a chance simply because Ray Allen has been useless all playoffs.

I do hope the Celtics beat the Pistons because if we get a Boston/LA finals, both teams will cart out all the old players, show cool highlights, etc....it will be an amazing stroll down memory lane and my Laker childhood. And it will be awesome to see all those amazing players on the court again, even if they are old and pudgy.

It would also be nice to see Rambis get a chance to punch Kevin McHale in the jaw as payback for the clothesline.
DDD, you were convinced the Lakers were going to lose to the Spurs - I believe you even said you thought they'd lose in 5.

I think this team has already shown they can beat the best teams in the NBA. I think they'll be favored in either series.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 02:40 PM   #7
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
DDD, you were convinced the Lakers were going to lose to the Spurs - I believe you even said you thought they'd lose in 5.

I think this team has already shown they can beat the best teams in the NBA. I think they'll be favored in either series.
Yes, you are right. I guess I am still buying into the Celtics regular season record instead of paying attention to how mediocre they are actually playing this post-season.

Still, the Lakers will not have HCA and both teams are good teams.

I hope I am wrong and you are very right. I agree when you say that the Lakers have proven this post-season that they are for real on both ends of the court.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 03:19 PM   #8
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
I think this team has already shown they can beat the best teams in the NBA.
Certainly you don't mean the Nuggets who didn't beat them once, or the Spurs who only managed 1 win in the series...
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 03:24 PM   #9
Spaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post
Certainly you don't mean the Nuggets who didn't beat them once, or the Spurs who only managed 1 win in the series...
If your argument is that the Spurs are not one of the best teams in the NBA, I suggest you find another position to argue from.

The fact that the Lakers beat the Spurs in only 5 games simply highlights how good it appears that they are.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Old 05-30-2008, 03:29 PM   #10
Spaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Yes, you are right. I guess I am still buying into the Celtics regular season record instead of paying attention to how mediocre they are actually playing this post-season.

Still, the Lakers will not have HCA and both teams are good teams.

I hope I am wrong and you are very right. I agree when you say that the Lakers have proven this post-season that they are for real on both ends of the court.
The Celtics were very, very good in the regular season. They were good against the top teams in the West. It's certainly not a stretch to refer to them as being a very good team and a challenge for the Lakers. The Pistons are very good as well.

Still, the Lakers have been dominant at home, and they've shown they can beat the best teams on the road (Utah had the best home record in the league this year remember).

I don't expect the finals to be easy for the Lakers, but I think they'll be favored against either team.