cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2008, 04:15 PM   #1
SipiTau

SipiTau is on a distinguished road
Default junkie.....who's next for Faber?

He looked good last night. Nice to see him go five rounds for the win. How about having Torres move up from bantam and fighting Uriah?
SipiTau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 04:17 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks you frickin moron, I taped it and was going to watch it later.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 04:21 PM   #3
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Well Mike that sucks for you. It was an awesome fight. Faber looked like he could go another 5 rounds. I give Jens a lot of respect for standing in there.

I would love to see a Torres vs Faber fight, but I think Faber is too good for him. I wouldnt mind seeing a BJ Penn vs Faber fight at 155 or a middle ground somewhere.

Torres looked good as well, I give a lot of respect to the Japanese guy he took a beating.

I heard from Blueit on cougarboard (who is good friends with Jeff Curran, they are both BJJ blackbelts under Rickson Gracie) that Curran is getting a rematch. Thats fine but I think Faber walks through him. I dont know if anyone can hang with Urijah.

I think we will finally see Torres vs Tapia on an upcoming card.
Old 06-02-2008, 04:22 PM   #4
SipiTau

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Sorry Mike!
Old 06-02-2008, 04:34 PM   #5
SipiTau

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
Well Mike that sucks for you. It was an awesome fight. Faber looked like he could go another 5 rounds. I give Jens a lot of respect for standing in there.

I would love to see a Torres vs Faber fight, but I think Faber is too good for him. I wouldnt mind seeing a BJ Penn vs Faber fight at 155 or a middle ground somewhere.

Torres looked good as well, I give a lot of respect to the Japanese guy he took a beating.

I heard from Blueit on cougarboard (who is good friends with Jeff Curran, they are both BJJ blackbelts under Rickson Gracie) that Curran is getting a rematch. Thats fine but I think Faber walks through him. I dont know if anyone can hang with Urijah.

I think we will finally see Torres vs Tapia on an upcoming card.
We don't need to see Faber v Curran 2; I like Curran, but the results would be the same.

Torres/Tapia should be a good fight, but I think Torres is too skilled for Tapia.
Old 06-02-2008, 04:42 PM   #6
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Last nights card was awesome. I love the WEC. I am already stoked for August 3rd.

Faber is the man. Pulver is a stud too. The fact that Pulver took those huge rights over and over and really only got wobbly legged once is unreal. That was an awesome fight. The Torres and Yoshiro fight was unreal though. It's too bad they had to stop it. When they both had each other in the toe hold and ankle locks I was just shaking my head in disbelief. Incredible.

I like Curran but he can't hang with Faber. I wouldn't mind seeing Pulver/Faber 2 if Pulver does like he says and goes out beats a guy or two before the rematch. I think Faber would have a hard time moving up. His advantage on everyone right now at 145 is his freakish size and power combined with that lethal speed. If he goes up 10 lbs I'm afraid he'd lose that quickness.

Faber has effectively done what Anderson Silva has done to his weight class and now there really isn't anyone left to challenge.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 10:45 PM   #7
Mars

Mars is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
It was an awesome fight. Faber looked like he could go another 5 rounds. I give Jens a lot of respect for standing in there.
Faber is definitely the man. I knew him through friends back in high school. He is not only a great fighter, but he does some wild, crazy moves as well that are very entertaining to watch. You do have to give Pulver credit though- that guy must have an iron jaw.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:56 AM   #8
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Faber is in nobody's land. There aren't enough legit 145 lbers for him to fight contenders on a consistent basis.

Furthermore there is no way he moves up to 155. He's tiny, lacks legit knock out power (have you seen him finish a fight with a knock out?), and has one submission move which he won't be able to pull on a larger and stronger fighter.

BJ Penn vs. Faber? That's laughable, Penn walks around 25 lbs heavier than Urijah, is World Class BJJ, has unreal take down defense and better striking than Faber.
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote