cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2008, 11:10 PM   #1
PaloAltoCougar

PaloAltoCougar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How about Hillary for VP?

I refer to the Republican ticket, not the Dems'. This inspiration came from my partner (law, not Prop. 8) who, though a New York Jew, is rather conservative, and whose Middle East policy advocates the detonation of hydrogen bombs over Tehran, Riyadh, Damascus and a few other capitals. Once the Hillary-haters have ingested enough Maalox to make it to the voting both, most of them will vote for McCain anyway, and Hillary's inclusion will bring millions of votes that would have otherwise reluctantly gone for Barack. Hillary would accept the nomination based on her view of McCain as a good and honorable man, and with the noble view of reaching across the aisle and healing the deep rifts in our society. I'm tearing up as I write this.

Since the VP slot has the political clout and worth of "a bucket of warm spit," per a former officeholder, Hillary would be marginalized and the second most important person in government would be McCain's physician.

It won't happen, of course, but it would make for an even more interesting campaign. I'd love to hear Hillary's acceptance speech.
PaloAltoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:11 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

taking on a Clinton as VP is signing your own execution.

Besides, I could care less what Zionists think.

If you want the Zionist vote, the one that advocates the continued human rights violations against Palestinians, just go for Joe Leiberman.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:12 PM   #3
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
I refer to the Republican ticket, not the Dems'. This inspiration came from my partner (law, not Prop. 8) who, though a New York Jew, is rather conservative, and whose Middle East policy advocates the detonation of hydrogen bombs over Tehran, Riyadh, Damascus and a few other capitals. Once the Hillary-haters have ingested enough Maalox to make it to the voting both, most of them will vote for McCain anyway, and Hillary's inclusion will bring millions of votes that would have otherwise reluctantly gone for Barack. Hillary would accept the nomination based on her view of McCain as a good and honorable man, and with the noble view of reaching across the aisle and healing the deep rifts in our society. I'm tearing up as I write this.

Since the VP slot has the political clout and worth of "a bucket of warm spit," per a former officeholder, Hillary would be marginalized and the second most important person in government would be McCain's physician.

It won't happen, of course, but it would make for an even more interesting campaign. I'd love to hear Hillary's acceptance speech.
It has been floated by more than one.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:16 PM   #4
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Lieberman has the same arguments for and less baggage.

People like your partner will vote McCain anyway regardless of party affiliation.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 02:15 AM   #5
hyrum

hyrum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post

Interesting thought experiment, but, of course it won't happen. I do think an Obama win would have been a slam-dunk if he gotten up the stomach to name Hillary as his VP. Two things that made that hard, 1) I don't see Hillary as much of a VP anyway, and 2) people have odd ways of dissappearing when its convenient for the Clintons. I'm just saying.

Pawlenty or Crist now for McCain? Unless either some baggage we don't know about, they could solidify the needed constituents into the fold. Then promise Romney a role in the Treasury or Commerce Dept.
hyrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 02:34 AM   #6
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyrum View Post
Interesting thought experiment, but, of course it won't happen. I do think an Obama win would have been a slam-dunk if he gotten up the stomach to name Hillary as his VP. Two things that made that hard, 1) I don't see Hillary as much of a VP anyway, and 2) people have odd ways of dissappearing when its convenient for the Clintons. I'm just saying.

Pawlenty or Crist now for McCain? Unless either some baggage we don't know about, they could solidify the needed constituents into the fold. Then promise Romney a role in the Treasury or Commerce Dept.
I think Crist would be interesting if he were openly gay, or at least unmarried closeted gay. But married closeted gay really is an awful thing that I don't think either side of the aisle wants.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 03:00 AM   #7
CardiacCoug

CardiacCoug is on a distinguished road

McCain shouldn't choose Hillary, but another woman -- Kay Bailey Hutchison from the great state of Texas.

She would strengthen McCain's conservative credentials and help him among at least a few of those female voters who were excited about Hillary. She's the fourth ranking Republican in the Senate -- kind of a female, Republican version of Biden.

I don't think it's going to happen, but Hutchison would be my choice for McCain.
CardiacCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 03:04 AM   #8
Venkman

Venkman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
taking on a Clinton as VP is signing your own execution.
Yep. McCain is what 90 years old? This one would be easy for Bubba and Co.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:29 AM   #9
hyrum

hyrum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I think Crist would be interesting if he were openly gay, or at least unmarried closeted gay. But married closeted gay really is an awful thing that I don't think either side of the aisle wants.
Did someone mention Michael Jackson?
hyrum is offline   Reply With Quote