cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2006, 03:29 PM   #1
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default No more Bushs!!!

At least according to a recent poll. 63% of Americans polled said they would "definitely vote against Jeb Bush" if he ran for president in 2006. It appears our collective intelligence is rising!

Only 9% said they would definitely vote for Jeb Bush.

Hillary had somewhat mixed results. While slightly more than 50% said they would never vote for her, she also had, among the candidates listed, the highest number of people say they definitely would vote for her. This pretty much confirmed what we already knew- Hillary is a very divisive candidate. You either love her or hate her. Very few people taking a measured approach to her candidacy.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:34 PM   #2
The_Tick

The_Tick is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to The_Tick Send a message via MSN to The_Tick

Billary will never win.

If she runs, the Repubs could put Speed Racer up against her and he would win.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:52 PM   #3
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Tick
Billary will never win.

If she runs, the Repubs could put Speed Racer up against her and he would win.

I think she would be extremely competitive. She is an exceptional campaigner and shouldn't be underestimated. That said, I think Warner will get the nomination. I wouldn't be surprised if he picked her for VP, though.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:15 PM   #4
stonewallperry

stonewallperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyacoug
At least according to a recent poll. 63% of Americans polled said they would "definitely vote against Jeb Bush" if he ran for president in 2006. It appears our collective intelligence is rising!

Only 9% said they would definitely vote for Jeb Bush.

Hillary had somewhat mixed results. While slightly more than 50% said they would never vote for her, she also had, among the candidates listed, the highest number of people say they definitely would vote for her. This pretty much confirmed what we already knew- Hillary is a very divisive candidate. You either love her or hate her. Very few people taking a measured approach to her candidacy.
Just another chance for the liberal media to take a swipe at Bush. Jeb isn't running for president, so why include him in the poll at all. Furthermore, anyone that would note vote for him just because he is a Bush is a fool - choose not to vote for him fine, but maked that decision based on his policies and record, not because you don't like his brother.
stonewallperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 04:35 PM   #5
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonewallperry
Just another chance for the liberal media to take a swipe at Bush. Jeb isn't running for president, so why include him in the poll at all. Furthermore, anyone that would note vote for him just because he is a Bush is a fool - choose not to vote for him fine, but maked that decision based on his policies and record, not because you don't like his brother.

Where do you get this stuff? First of all, Jeb has not indicated if he is running or not. Second, what makes you assume people aren't basing their disapproval of Jeb on his policies rather than on him being a Bush? Third, even if they were, why would you take issue with that but not take issue with Hillary's poll numbers as well?
Old 06-21-2006, 04:37 PM   #6
stonewallperry

stonewallperry

Quote:
Where do you get this stuff? First of all, Jeb has not indicated if he is running or not. Second, what makes you assume people aren't basing their disapproval of Jeb on his policies rather than on him being a Bush? Third, even if they were, why would you take issue with that but not take issue with Hillary's poll numbers as well?
1. Jeb has indicated that he's not running - in the very same article you are referring to - at least the one on CNN did.

2. You're statement "No more Bushs"

3. You lost me there. I'm not sure what you're asking.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:45 PM   #7
Cali Coug

Quote:
1. Jeb has indicated that he's not running - in the very same article you are referring to - at least the one on CNN did.

2. You're statement "No more Bushs"

3. You lost me there. I'm not sure what you're asking.

I haven't seen any such statement by Jeb. Link?

My statement "No more Bushs" doesn't relate to the fact that I don't want Jeb to win because he is related to GWB. It relates to the fact that I think GWB, GHWB, and JB all have lousy policies and shouldn't be elected president.

Finally, you took issue with the "liberal" media bias which is targeting Bush, but you were silent about the same "targeting" of Hillary in the article when she also has yet to say if she is running. Just curious as to why.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:51 PM   #8
stonewallperry

stonewallperry

Quote:
I haven't seen any such statement by Jeb. Link?

My statement "No more Bushs" doesn't relate to the fact that I don't want Jeb to win because he is related to GWB. It relates to the fact that I think GWB, GHWB, and JB all have lousy policies and shouldn't be elected president.

Finally, you took issue with the "liberal" media bias which is targeting Bush, but you were silent about the same "targeting" of Hillary in the article when she also has yet to say if she is running. Just curious as to why.
I'll see if I can find a link, I saw it yesterday when I read about the poll on CNN. Furthermore, Jeb has said he's not running, Billary hasn't made a definitive statement one way or the other, but typically where there's lots and lots and lots of smoke, there's fire. Of course she's running. I also didn't think the article was negative to her. We know that she creates a big divide, love her or hate her.

"As for Bush, brother of the current president, 63 percent said there was no way he would get their vote. The younger Bush has denied interest in running for president in 2008."

Here's the link:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/06/...ial/index.html
Old 06-21-2006, 04:56 PM   #9
Cali Coug

Quote:
I'll see if I can find a link, I saw it yesterday when I read about the poll on CNN. Furthermore, Jeb has said he's not running, Billary hasn't made a definitive statement one way or the other, but typically where there's lots and lots and lots of smoke, there's fire. Of course she's running. I also didn't think the article was negative to her. We know that she creates a big divide, love her or hate her.

"As for Bush, brother of the current president, 63 percent said there was no way he would get their vote. The younger Bush has denied interest in running for president in 2008."

Here's the link:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/06/...ial/index.html
Interesting. I'm not sure if that should be taken at face value. Lots of politicians deny interest just to get people clammoring for them to run. Perhaps he is serious. I don't see why including him in the poll is simply an attempt to take a swipe at the Bushs, though, given a very broad perception that he is a serious candidate.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:09 PM   #10
stonewallperry

stonewallperry

Quote:
Interesting. I'm not sure if that should be taken at face value. Lots of politicians deny interest just to get people clammoring for them to run. Perhaps he is serious. I don't see why including him in the poll is simply an attempt to take a swipe at the Bushs, though, given a very broad perception that he is a serious candidate.
I know of no such broad perception, but if you say so.