cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2006, 04:30 PM   #1
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Oh man, 'Crank'...

I decided to go and see 'Crank' last night. It stars Jason Stratham (he was the star of 'The Transporter' and was one of the guys in 'Italian Job') and Amy Smart. The idea is somewhat clever in that he is given poison that will kill him within an hour. However, he can delay his death if he keeps his adrenaline up. So, he has to do a bunch of stuff to keep his adrenline up throughout the movie in order to get his revenge on the guy that did it to him.

The first 45 minutes are pretty intense, funny and good. But then they got bogged down in some gruesome violence and an un-necessary (and supposedly funny) sex scene. A big drop off in the movie over the final 40 minutes and it made for an overall bad movie. Too bad. I wish I would have walked out after the first half 'cause the second half was just bad. Oh well.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 07:03 PM   #2
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point

That movie looked alot like The Transporter, which was a terrible film. As far as Jason Stratham goes, I really like Snatch. Italian Job was pretty good as well. Is he in Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels? I liked that show, but not as much as Snatch.
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 07:21 PM   #3
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, he did all of those movies. The Transporter was terrible but entertaining nonetheless. He is a personable guy and I enjoy watching him act, but Crank was brutal. Just too over the top with the sexual situations and some of the violence.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 07:50 PM   #4
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar
too over the top with the sexual situations and some of the violence.
Ironic statement given your avatar
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote