cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2007, 04:17 PM   #1
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road
Default Hudson

It's too bad he's transferring. Because of our issues with retaining black non-LDS athletes, that part of it makes it a little more painful, but not too bad. He would likely never get too much time on the field. He's had plenty of time to prove himself, but he just doesn't have the right stuff. I don't like the overabundance of large, powerful Poly RB's. I mean that's not a bad thing, but variety is better. We've had great success with black running backs: Brown, Brathwaite, McDonald, Jenkins, Willis, Hall. We now have none in the system whatsoever. I hope we can reverse that trend.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 04:21 PM   #2
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Who can blame Ray Hudson for not turning down an opportunity to play with Rhett Bomar? Perhaps Rhett could help Ray with potential off-campus employment opportunities.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 04:42 PM   #3
Gerdy Eysser

Gerdy Eysser is on a distinguished road

This is the first I heard about this, where exactly is he transfering to?
________
Pattaya condo for sale

Last edited by Gerdy Eysser; 08-21-2011 at 11:36 AM.
Gerdy Eysser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 04:44 PM   #4
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay
Default I posted this on the board yesterday but

apparently someone thought it was too much speculation. However, I've heard from a couple of different people that Hudson was just lazy, and if he could have been a starter if he'd worked harder. No idea how much truth there is to that though.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 04:47 PM   #5
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
Perhaps Rhett could help Ray with potential off-campus employment opportunities.
I bet he can give Ray a lift to practice down at Sam Houston. I've heard Rhett drives a super nice car.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 04:53 PM   #6
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
It's too bad he's transferring. Because of our issues with retaining black non-LDS athletes, that part of it makes it a little more painful, but not too bad. He would likely never get too much time on the field. He's had plenty of time to prove himself, but he just doesn't have the right stuff. I don't like the overabundance of large, powerful Poly RB's. I mean that's not a bad thing, but variety is better. We've had great success with black running backs: Brown, Brathwaite, McDonald, Jenkins, Willis, Hall. We now have none in the system whatsoever. I hope we can reverse that trend.
I am bothered when good players transfer. All the issues with retaining black non-LDS that negatively impact the program are not why Ray is transferring. This one bothers me as much as when Pendleton transferred to SUU.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:58 PM   #7
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

I wish he could have been good enough to make an impact, but I hope he has a good time. He stuck through a lot, but freed up a scholarship.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:51 PM   #8
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
I am bothered when good players transfer. All the issues with retaining black non-LDS that negatively impact the program are not why Ray is transferring. This one bothers me as much as when Pendleton transferred to SUU.
What was the story with Lance Pendelton transferring to SUU? I thought he had some decent talent...
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 05:54 PM   #9
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bYuPride View Post
What was the story with Lance Pendelton transferring to SUU? I thought he had some decent talent...
Pendleton's transfer was the result of self-inflicted wounds.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 05:57 PM   #10
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
Pendleton's transfer was the result of self-inflicted wounds.
sounds like we'll have to leave it at that... thanks.
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote