cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 03:37 AM   #1
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how about this mountain bike?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kona-Dawg-Primo-...ayphotohosting
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 04:33 AM   #2
8ballrollin

8ballrollin is an unknown quantity at this point

Check out this one...depending on where the price is as it gets near close, I may make a run at it.

"'07 Trek Fuel EX 7 17.5" Fox Float/Rock Shox Disc"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=300120057890
8ballrollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 05:02 PM   #3
mtnbiker310

mtnbiker310

Quote:
Originally Posted by bYuPride View Post
YPride, did you buy the bike? Looks like someone selected the Buy It Now and closed out the auction. With those wide tires (2.5 and 2.4) and big shock, that looks a little more freeride-ish than I thought you might like, but it's all your call. Typical xc tires are 2.1 or even 1.95. The claimed bike weight isn't as heavy as I would have thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ballrollin View Post
Check out this one...depending on where the price is as it gets near close, I may make a run at it.

"'07 Trek Fuel EX 7 17.5" Fox Float/Rock Shox Disc"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=300120057890
8Ball, you'd probably be happy with that bike. One caution would be to figure out why the mtbr.com reviews are so much lower for the Fuel Ex 7 than they are for the 8 or 9. It could be component issues or just expectations of the reviewers.

Ride as many different bikes as you can, and go from there.
mtnbiker310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 04:31 AM   #4
bYuPride

[QUOTE=mtnbiker310;89995]YPride, did you buy the bike? Looks like someone selected the Buy It Now and closed out the auction. With those wide tires (2.5 and 2.4) and big shock, that looks a little more freeride-ish than I thought you might like, but it's all your call. Typical xc tires are 2.1 or even 1.95. The claimed bike weight isn't as heavy as I would have thought.

no, i didn't buy it.. oh well. i looked at my shop for some Kona's but almost all were 07's and the ones that were 06's were ones i didn't want. i'll go to a bunch of shops tomorrow.
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:15 AM   #5
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Let me give you a piece of advice re: buying a bike for the wife: let her do the research and pick it out. Otherwise, you should just head down to Wal-Mart and pay $99 for a Mongoose "full suspension" along with a .99 cent hook to hang it from in your garage. My money says that after 1 or 2 rides that her new bike will be hanging on that hook for the next 5 years.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 05:28 AM   #6
bYuPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
Let me give you a piece of advice re: buying a bike for the wife: let her do the research and pick it out. Otherwise, you should just head down to Wal-Mart and pay $99 for a Mongoose "full suspension" along with a .99 cent hook to hang it from in your garage. My money says that after 1 or 2 rides that her new bike will be hanging on that hook for the next 5 years.
ha, if i had to wait for her to do research on the bike, she'd never get one which is probably your point. we went with the novara bonita.. i feel good knowing that she has a decent bike and she feels good because she likes the way it looks. i think she'll ride it more than a couple times though. i'm starting to create an outdoorsy family culture, along with the help of my FIL who is making great progress with his woman and 3 other daughters.

"I'm on my beater bike"