cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2007, 05:28 PM   #1
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flight of the Conchords (HBO)

I just caught the series premier of 'Flight of the Conchords' and I have to say, I liked it quite a bit. It is basically about 2 guys that have their own band, with one fan. They have crummy agent that does not know what to do (he filmed their first music video with his cell phone video). The two will often burst out (in their heads) in singing which is funny and off beat.

Very quirky show that has some potential. Here you can check out this actual 2 person bands personal website: http://www.conchords.co.nz/
I do love how they explain their website updating issues:
"A catch 22 type dilemna has struck kiwi band Flight of The Conchords in relation to updating the band news on their website. Members of the band (Jemaine and Bret) have noticed that whenever there are doing things that could be reported on the website, they are too busy to update the website. In addition, whenever the band members have some spare time in which they could update the website, there is usually, as one member put it "nothing going on". As a direct result of this problem The Conchords may resort to manufacturing news stories about themselves to bolster news items in less busy times. "

And you can see them at: http://www.hbo.com/conchords/

Its on Sunday nights, check it out.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote