cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 03:58 AM   #11
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with Fusnik, and i saw this on cougarboad earlier with a few of my own examples think of what the following athletes ahve done that are still playing:

Allen iverson- beat his wife, several domestic violence calls.
Ruben Patterson- raped his nanny, served time and is a registered sex offender
Deshawn Stevenson- had consensual sex with a 14 year old
Marcus Vick- got 2 16 year olds drunk and had sex with them
Jamal Lewis- had 100 pounds of cocaine he was trafficking across state borders
Leonard Little- Dui that killed someone, then a few years later he recieved another DUI
Travis Outlaw- arressted for Dogfighting and raising dogs to fight, how many of you knew that? Did not serve any time and had his dogs taken away, still in the NBA.
Ron Artest- domestic violence, also arressted for animal cruelty for not feeding his dogs, still playing.

There are so many more cases like this, but 2 particular dog fighting cases, artest was starving his dogs for a fight, and Outlaw was betting and fighting his dogs.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:07 AM   #12
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
I agree with Fusnik, and i saw this on cougarboad earlier with a few of my own examples think of what the following athletes ahve done that are still playing:

Allen iverson- beat his wife, several domestic violence calls.
Ruben Patterson- raped his nanny, served time and is a registered sex offender
Deshawn Stevenson- had consensual sex with a 14 year old
Marcus Vick- got 2 16 year olds drunk and had sex with them
Jamal Lewis- had 100 pounds of cocaine he was trafficking across state borders
Leonard Little- Dui that killed someone, then a few years later he recieved another DUI
Travis Outlaw- arressted for Dogfighting and raising dogs to fight, how many of you knew that? Did not serve any time and had his dogs taken away, still in the NBA.
Ron Artest- domestic violence, also arressted for animal cruelty for not feeding his dogs, still playing.

There are so many more cases like this, but 2 particular dog fighting cases, artest was starving his dogs for a fight, and Outlaw was betting and fighting his dogs.
LT (The original) on cocaine most of his playing days...got a one way ticket to the hall of fame...I know I know, not the hall of character, but still...

another example that I think Fus is noting is Leonard Little, DE St. Louis. Had a drunk driving accident that killed a woman, and he walked free.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:16 AM   #13
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Athletes/celebrities are allowed more freedom to commit crime because we as a society want them to keep entertaining us, rather than want to see them have to obey the law.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 04:34 PM   #14
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

My mom of all people just said this to me: i told her that it is more acceptable in this country to beat your spouse or kill someone during a DUI than it is to beat your dog. My mom says: "thats right, at least his wife could fight back, a dog cant"

that is the most ridiculous argument i have ever heard.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:42 PM   #15
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
My mom of all people just said this to me: i told her that it is more acceptable in this country to beat your spouse or kill someone during a DUI than it is to beat your dog. My mom says: "thats right, at least his wife could fight back, a dog cant"

that is the most ridiculous argument i have ever heard.
Ask her if it's more acceptable to kill a small child or a dog. This country would rather see the child die.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 08:36 PM   #16
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11 View Post
We have athletes who have killed people in DUI's playing. We have athletes who have roughed up their wives. We have athletes who sexually assault women. We have athletes who beat the hell out of other humans. We have athletes with drug problems that ruin the lives of others. We have an athlete that kills dogs and we have thousands of people on espn.com, on the radio, message boards, etc, calling for the dude's head.
This is bullshit. I don't think any of the offenders you list are able blithely to continue on with their careers absent a hitch or a consequencel. An athlete beats his wife or sexually assaults a woman and he's done, just as Vick is. He's back in the league only under Junkie's scenario.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote