cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2008, 05:07 PM   #131
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHeadGal View Post
They recently passed out a survey in my RS, asking for topics for their non-Sunday meetings. I was just thinking maybe I should suggest a sex toy party. And I'm not even kidding. Of course, they would never do it, but it would get the RS leadership talking about the topic. Maybe.
they can host one of those parties where you set up the pole and make everybody take turns practicing their moves.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:10 PM   #132
RedHeadGal

RedHeadGal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
they can host one of those parties where you set up the pole and make everybody take turns practicing their moves.
Yeah, that could be an additional, alternate suggestion. I wasn't going to bother to fill out the survey, but now I think I must.

Of course, if I put my name on it, they'll just roll their eyes. "There goes RHG again."
RedHeadGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:12 PM   #133
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
They recently passed out a survey in my RS, asking for topics for their non-Sunday meetings. I was just thinking maybe I should suggest a sex toy party. And I'm not even kidding. Of course, they would never do it, but it would get the RS leadership talking about the topic. Maybe.
Good thinking.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:12 PM   #134
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'm afraid the only thing that they would be talking about would be how to slience the rogue sister who may be trying to put impure thoughts in the minds of the RS.

Was it an anonymous survey?
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:13 PM   #135
BarbaraGordon

Quote:
Yeah, that could be an additional, alternate suggestion. I wasn't going to bother to fill out the survey, but now I think I must.
Skip the survey. Just host the party yourself and pass out invitations on Sunday! And if you mark them all BYODC you won't even have to pay for the drinks!
Old 10-28-2008, 05:13 PM   #136
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCoug View Post
And the church is fostering that outlook by offering guidance to church members on sexual issues. Yes, it might be better to look elsewhere for guidance, but what do you do when that outside guidance conflicts with things that the church or church leaders have said in the past (e.g., statements about birth control, letter from the first presidency re oral sex, repeated proscriptions against masturbation)?

It's not so much that the church members are sitting back and waiting for guidance, as it is that the church has been so forthcoming with that guidance in the past. Can they really be faulted for doing so?
So what do you suggest?
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:26 PM   #137
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The thought of this scares me more then "Saw V".

Eddy Merckx
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:28 PM   #138
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Skip the survey. Just host the party yourself and pass out invitations on Sunday! And if you mark them all BYODC you won't even have to pay for the drinks!
You are an imp.

"Sisters, we have an investigator, who would like to host a special party for you all. We want to make her feel welcome."
Old 10-28-2008, 11:21 PM   #139
cougarobgon

cougarobgon is on a distinguished road
Default So I finally asked my wife

what she thought about the need for the follow up with the RS in the stake. She laughed it off by saying the sisters just aren’t "putting out". No big deal to her.

My wife and I did not receive any pre-marriage sex counsel from our bishop and we were able to figure things out on our own. During the first few weeks of a marriage couples tend to figure things out naturally. What satisfies your needs is between you and your spouse. It is later in the marriage when life gets complicated with school, work, kids, medical conditions, emotional stresses, so forth, when the “hang ups’ tend to surface. Although most bishops or SPs will never turn you away if you seek counsel, I expect a loving and caring bishop/SP to recognize his limitations and recommend professional counseling while continuing to f/u with you if the “hang ups” are affecting your spiritual well being.
cougarobgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:59 PM   #140
BarbaraGordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarobgon View Post
what she thought about the need for the follow up with the RS in the stake. She laughed it off by saying the sisters just aren’t "putting out". No big deal to her.

My wife and I did not receive any pre-marriage sex counsel from our bishop and we were able to figure things out on our own. During the first few weeks of a marriage couples tend to figure things out naturally. What satisfies your needs is between you and your spouse. It is later in the marriage when life gets complicated with school, work, kids, medical conditions, emotional stresses, so forth, when the “hang ups’ tend to surface. Although most bishops or SPs will never turn you away if you seek counsel, I expect a loving and caring bishop/SP to recognize his limitations and recommend professional counseling while continuing to f/u with you if the “hang ups” are affecting your spiritual well being.
This is an aside, but one thing I really appreciated was the non-church-sponsored premarital counseling my church required before we could be wed. The counselor was pretty much able to predict all our future areas of conflict and give us tools for how to address them when they became problems.